The Student Room Group

A level options - maths, physics, psychology

So like what would these subjects offer me in the future in terms of careers?? And are they a good combo
Reply 1
Original post by dsidhu
So like what would these subjects offer me in the future in terms of careers?? And are they a good combo

Can't speak as to what they may offer for careers but they are all well regarded subjects and maths and physics especially do go well together and, from what I've heard, psych is quite interesting. I'd say they'd serve you well and. if you enjoy them and are good at them then go for it!
Original post by yogo1o
Can't speak as to what they may offer for careers but they are all well regarded subjects and maths and physics especially do go well together and, from what I've heard, psych is quite interesting. I'd say they'd serve you well and. if you enjoy them and are good at them then go for it!

I agree
Original post by dsidhu

If you enjoy said subjects, then yes, it’s a good combo.

I did both maths and physics, which were both subjects I enjoyed immensely. A number of the strategies I used when studying them are outlined here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790

In terms of careers, you may need to think about possible degrees you could study after your A levels. Each uni website will list the subjects they expect you to take for each course. The first things that spring to mind are physics, psychology and law (simply because it has no specific subject requirements), but this list is not exhaustive.
Original post by dsidhu

Hiya,

4th Year MSci student here, I did a Natural Sciences degree which allowed me to do a combination of 3 sciences in my first year (and beyond). If you wanted to continue all those subjects onto university level you could or do a number of 'single-honor' degree options (eg. maths).

Okay, now that info-dump is over, there's so many career options with that strong set of A-levels! With that you could end up being anything from an engineer to a trained psychologist. With those A-levels you would allowed to enrol in engineering and computer science degrees (or choose them as 1/3 of your first year in natural sciences). Also lots of geography/environmental science pathways would be valid for you.

Basically, it's a good choice and you would have lots of doors opened for you at uni and beyond.
Good luck with everything!

Ella :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest