The Student Room Group

Uni course advise please!

Hello, I’m currently doing maths, geography and psychology a level but have no idea about what my options might be for university. My interests lie mainly in physical geography and social psychology, however I don’t see myself studying either of these exclusively but would consider a joint honours. Does anyone have any advise on courses or where to study?
My predicted grades are AAA but more likely to get lower in maths.
Thanks so much!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bestselling-tune
Hello, I’m currently doing maths, geography and psychology a level but have no idea about what my options might be for university. My interests lie mainly in physical geography and social psychology, however I don’t see myself studying either of these exclusively but would consider a joint honours. Does anyone have any advise on courses or where to study?
Thanks so much!

I might be crazy, who knows, but I’m certain I’ve seen a course at the Liverpool hope university (think that’s what it’s called) called Geography and Psychology BSc.
Reply 2
Original post by M8-Idek
Thanks so much!

I might be crazy, who knows, but I’m certain I’ve seen a course at the Liverpool hope university (think that’s what it’s called) called Geography and Psychology BSc.

This is what I found related to that course:

It looks at how the physical world works; how people interact both with each other and with the physical world; how landscapes (both physical and human) evolve; and the ways in which the environment needs to be conserved and managed.
My predicted grades are AAA but more likely to get lower in maths.
Thanks so much!

Have you considered anthropology (and joint honours courses with archaeology)? It explicitly studies human social and cultural phenomena but integrates this (especially in stronger courses incorporating biological/physical anthropology and/or palaeoanthropology and archaeology) with cognition and evolution and with the physical environment that influences those societies and cultures (and as applicable, human evolution).

Sounds like it might be something quite in line with your interests?
Original post by artful_lounger
Have you considered anthropology (and joint honours courses with archaeology)? It explicitly studies human social and cultural phenomena but integrates this (especially in stronger courses incorporating biological/physical anthropology and/or palaeoanthropology and archaeology) with cognition and evolution and with the physical environment that influences those societies and cultures (and as applicable, human evolution).

Sounds like it might be something quite in line with your interests?

I haven’t, but that definitely sounds fascinating. Thanks so much for the help, I’ll have a look.
Original post by M8-Idek

Hi thanks for the help, that sounds great!
Reply 6
I haven’t, but that definitely sounds fascinating. Thanks so much for the help, I’ll have a look.

Lots of different options - Anthropology, undergraduate courses : University of Sussex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending