The Student Room Group

Which Tea Brand is the best?

Scroll to see replies

I drink green tea mostly, sometimes peppermint. I like Pukka teas and Twinings Superblends too. I recently discovered a small business called Bird and Blend who sell a wide range of interesting loose leaf teas - I've tried Chocolate Digestives so far!
Actually while I'm ranting, Tetley is like American beer. Its water. Don't even start with it.
M&S Red box is definitely nicer than PG Tips (and cheaper), which used to be my go to
For clarity, I'm not paid by Yorkshire Tea.
Original post by Guru Jason
The only time someone should drink PG Tips is when the only alternative is coffee but then the correct choice is to die of thirst.

What if the tea is unlabelled? Just don't drink it to eliminate the risk of drinking a different brand?
Original post by ecoworrier
What if the tea is unlabelled? Just don't drink it to eliminate the risk of drinking a different brand?

By all means take a sip to see what tea it is. You know Yorkshire tea when you taste it.
Original post by Talkative Toad

I personally like using PG Tips to make tea

I used to like you but now we have to be done professionally.
I used to like you but now we have to be done professionally.

I don’t drink tea, I just make tea with whatever tea is in the house.
I don’t drink tea, I just make tea with whatever tea is in the house.

Okay, you have redemed yourself. We good.
Okay, you have redemed yourself. We good.

Ok, I should probably try tea 1 day though (PG Tips or Tetley).
Have never heard of such tea before or seen it in a shop.

:shock:
It's so nice and gives you a strong cuppa :yep:
Ok, I should probably try tea 1 day though (PG Tips or Tetley).

Youre toying with me now. What a roller coaster of emotions in the last 10 mins.
Youre toying with me now. What a roller coaster of emotions in the last 10 mins.

Nah
Original post by KA_P
:shock:
It's so nice and gives you a strong cuppa :yep:

I’ve only seen Pukka, PG, Yorkshire, Tetley, Lipton etc.
I’ve only seen Pukka, PG, Yorkshire, Tetley, Lipton etc.

It's definitely a more hidden brand without as much advertising, at least I haven't seen an ad for it. It's probably a bit more affordable as well
Reply 55
I'm more of a herbal tea gal, and I usually have Pukka. I do also love Lipton's peach iced tea. If we're talking English tea, then Yorkshire for sure. Maybe that's just because I'm a northerner aha
Original post by KA_P
It's definitely a more hidden brand without as much advertising, at least I haven't seen an ad for it. It's probably a bit more affordable as well

Maybe, I haven’t an ad for it either
Reply 57
Yorkshire tea is the best tea, the only tea, the OG, the GOAT, the alpha and the omega. All other teas are inferior and not even teas and anyone who disagree is neither British and should be shot.

I admire your passion Jason!:laugh:
Original post by Scotney
I admire your passion Jason!:laugh:

Got to give it to him to be fair :biggrin:.
t e stockwell and co
From tesco

Quick Reply

Latest