The Student Room Group

physiotherapy

I'm wanting to apply for physiotherapy 2024 start at university but want to get some experience before I apply. Does anyone know or have any ideas about where i could volunteer/work to get my experience up and make me stand out from other applicants applying.
Reply 1
Its hard to get NHS work experience but I think this is the best thing to do. My daughter got rejected straight away from Uni of Liverpool this year, stating not met non academic requirements. She had private physio work experience, and works with children, so the only thing we can think is she didn't have NHS work experience.
Check your local NHS Trust for work experience opportunities or volunteering.
Reply 2
(Original post by LMas01)Its hard to get NHS work experience but I think this is the best thing to do. My daughter got rejected straight away from Uni of Liverpool this year, stating not met non academic requirements. She had private physio work experience, and works with children, so the only thing we can think is she didn't have NHS work experience.
Thank you so much this is so helpful! x
Original post by LMas01
Its hard to get NHS work experience but I think this is the best thing to do. My daughter got rejected straight away from Uni of Liverpool this year, stating not met non academic requirements. She had private physio work experience, and works with children, so the only thing we can think is she didn't have NHS work experience.
Reply 3
Original post by poppy-lou27
(Original post by LMas01)Its hard to get NHS work experience but I think this is the best thing to do. My daughter got rejected straight away from Uni of Liverpool this year, stating not met non academic requirements. She had private physio work experience, and works with children, so the only thing we can think is she didn't have NHS work experience.
Thank you so much this is so helpful! x

Good Luck!
That was only one university out of the 5 that rejected her pre interview based on "non academic requirements". However in retrospect we should have read the requirements better, it did state that NHS experience was needed.
i want to apply to physiotherapy at kings college london. my stats are as follows:
GCSEs:
biology - 6
chemsitry - 8
physics - 6
maths - 7
english literature - 7
english language - 7
computer science - 9
geograpgy - 8
french - 9

A levels:
biology - A
chemistry - B
Maths - A

Considering these stats do you think I have a chance at an interview
Reply 5
Original post by poppy-lou27
I'm wanting to apply for physiotherapy 2024 start at university but want to get some experience before I apply. Does anyone know or have any ideas about where i could volunteer/work to get my experience up and make me stand out from other applicants applying.

You may consider the virtual work experience provided by allied healthcare mentor. That's the only experience I have since I didn't get a reply from my local NHS trust. I had an interview with university of liverpool, and I now have an unconditional offer from kings college, so I think most uni will accept it. As to whether it can make you stand out, I can't say for sure but the work experience is quite nice in general.
Reply 6
Original post by student_5253
i want to apply to physiotherapy at kings college london. my stats are as follows:
GCSEs:
biology - 6
chemsitry - 8
physics - 6
maths - 7
english literature - 7
english language - 7
computer science - 9
geograpgy - 8
french - 9

A levels:
biology - A
chemistry - B
Maths - A

Considering these stats do you think I have a chance at an interview

You might, it depends on your personal statement and your experience as well. I had an interview with kings but I have 4A* so I can't gaurantee that you'll have a chance with those grades.
Original post by Mel1024
You might, it depends on your personal statement and your experience as well. I had an interview with kings but I have 4A* so I can't gaurantee that you'll have a chance with those grades.

okay, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending