The Student Room Group

Are tube tops inappropriate

I bought this super nice tube top, it’s white and covers my stomach completely. I have a small chest so it also completely covers my b**bs. I thought it wasn’t revealing at all but my mum went crazy and said it was so inappropriate and that I was asking for trouble. She’s not like one of those crazy conservative mums, she’s usually so chill especially about what I wear, so I’m a bit concerned that it is actually trashy. Ik that it’s my body I can do what I want etc but I don’t want to actually look trashy LOL. I’m 15 btw
Original post by Anonymous
I bought this super nice tube top, it’s white and covers my stomach completely. I have a small chest so it also completely covers my b**bs. I thought it wasn’t revealing at all but my mum went crazy and said it was so inappropriate and that I was asking for trouble. She’s not like one of those crazy conservative mums, she’s usually so chill especially about what I wear, so I’m a bit concerned that it is actually trashy. Ik that it’s my body I can do what I want etc but I don’t want to actually look trashy LOL. I’m 15 btw

You won't look trashy. Wear what you like if it makes you feel confident.
I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.
Tube tops that do not show any cleavage and cover the stomach generally do not look trashy.
Fine as casual dress and when going to most secular venues that don't have admission rules that include a formal dress code.
But best to avoid the risk of your mother seeing the white tube top being worn again and the crazy reaction occurring again.

Some people view tank tops as vests that should not been seen by strangers in any public places and believe that it is extremely inappropriate for them to be visible when not at home or to be worn as shirts anywhere.
Individuals with these opinions are often also highly critical of other people wearing satin camisoles and visible slip style dresses outside of their bedrooms. Take a very hostile stance on women who wear them to take children to school, go shopping or as guest outfits to special events like weddings/dinner parties/awards ceremonies.

My mother has always behaved in this way when it comes to tube tops and all other outfits that are sleeveless, sexy or brightly coloured and tight fitting.
She was raised in an ultra-traditionalist religious household, rarely wears makeup and is very conservative about female fashion choices including footwear & hairstyles.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Given how tight and clingy tube tops are, have you got the right bra to wear with it?
If you are comfortable wearing it then go for it, if it looks as you say it does then I don't see any issue
I love tops and love wearing them. I don't see anything wrong with that

Quick Reply

Latest