The Student Room Group

Oxford or cambridge

Hi, just looking for some advice!
I recently got my AS level results back and ended up with 4 As in chem, bio, physics, and maths. I would like to apply to either cambridge or oxford for medicine in 2024, as i really like the idea of their traditional course
I am having trouble deciding on which uni to actually apply to as I like Cambridge' intercalation options more than Oxfords, but the higher offer for Cambridge is putting me off.
Additionally, I will most probably be taking only 3 subjects at Alevel, and was wondering whether this would disadvantage me for Cambridge even at full A* predictions.
I have 10A* at GCSE for context, as I know Oxford values GCSE scores more than cambridge
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, just looking for some advice!
I recently got my AS level results back and ended up with 4 As in chem, bio, physics, and maths. I would like to apply to either cambridge or oxford for medicine in 2024, as i really like the idea of their traditional course
I am having trouble deciding on which uni to actually apply to as I like Cambridge' intercalation options more than Oxfords, but the higher offer for Cambridge is putting me off.
Additionally, I will most probably be taking only 3 subjects at Alevel, and was wondering whether this would disadvantage me for Cambridge even at full A* predictions.
I have 10A* at GCSE for context, as I know Oxford values GCSE scores more than cambridge

3 subjects at A Level is advantageous. Grades are more important than number of qualifications.
Have you been to visit either?
Could you visit either, in the next month or two?
If you like Cambridge's course better, go for Cambridge. Both are incredibly competitive, so you have to choose one that you like more because there are no easy options here. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending