The Student Room Group

resitting exams 2023

I've decided to resit my exams. Does this mean I have to pay UCAS again to resubmit my personal statement to 5 universities?
Original post by NeedHelp109
I've decided to resit my exams. Does this mean I have to pay UCAS again to resubmit my personal statement to 5 universities?

You have to pay UCAS again, yes. There is no obligation to apply to five universities. That's a maximum. You can apply to just one of you like. (Although that's not very wise.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You have to pay UCAS again, yes. There is no obligation to apply to five universities. That's a maximum. You can apply to just one of you like. (Although that's not very wise.)

Thanks for responding. When I'm applying for the universities, will they see my previous a-level results or my new mock results to determine an offer?
Original post by NeedHelp109
Thanks for responding. When I'm applying for the universities, will they see my previous a-level results or my new mock results to determine an offer?

When you complete your new application, you'll need to add your previous results yourself. This means you need to enter each A level twice. Once with the original (actual) grade and once with a "pending" grade.

Assuming you're re-taking at the same school / college, they will update that pending grade to a predicted grade - just as they usual would. The universities you apply to then have a full picture of what you have achieved, and what your school / college feel you're capable of achieving.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
When you complete your new application, you'll need to add your previous results yourself. This means you need to enter each A level twice. Once with the original (actual) grade and once with a "pending" grade.

Assuming you're re-taking at the same school / college, they will update that pending grade to a predicted grade - just as they usual would. The universities you apply to then have a full picture of what you have achieved, and what your school / college feel you're capable of achieving.

Ohhh, that makes so much sense. Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest