The Student Room Group

Should I self-study A-Level Sociology in one year?

I just got my A-Level results and am unhappy with the grades I got. I want to resit one of the subjects, and take sociology in addition. Does anyone have any advice for me?
For those who took sociology, how was it and did you have any difficulties with it?
Original post by shirokuro3
I just got my A-Level results and am unhappy with the grades I got. I want to resit one of the subjects, and take sociology in addition. Does anyone have any advice for me?
For those who took sociology, how was it and did you have any difficulties with it?

Hi there :hello:
Sorry to hear that you weren't so happy with your results :hugs: Remember that results aren't everything + don't define you.

I think this depends on what your plans are. Did you plan on going to University to a specific course next year? It might be worth considering alternative Unis if you've not done so already and then whether it is worth taking the resit.

Speak to your school, friends and parents/family as they might be a good sounding board.

I can't advise on sociology but will :bump: this thread so you can get a few more replies :yy: :bump:
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi there :hello:
Sorry to hear that you weren't so happy with your results :hugs: Remember that results aren't everything + don't define you.

I think this depends on what your plans are. Did you plan on going to University to a specific course next year? It might be worth considering alternative Unis if you've not done so already and then whether it is worth taking the resit.

Speak to your school, friends and parents/family as they might be a good sounding board.

I can't advise on sociology but will :bump: this thread so you can get a few more replies :yy: :bump:

Thank you! I don't mind taking one or two gap years, as my plan was to do that anyway regardless of results. I want to study psychology at university :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest