The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Help urgent

I’m studying Computer science (BS) at the university with a foundation degree because I didn’t to cs a level.
I got these grades at a level
Biology- B
chemistry- B
Maths- B
I got into pharmacy but due to certain circumstances (family) I had to decline the offer :frown:
And distance too.

Anyway… the problem is that I could’ve got to Manchester Metropolitan University without having to do this foundation year. But it’s too late now and they’re all full :frown:
I phone mmu when I got my results but they said they’re busy so now I’m stuck.
I want to go to mmu but can I transfer???
I need help
Original post by Anonymous
I’m studying Computer science (BS) at the university with a foundation degree because I didn’t to cs a level.
Biology- B
chemistry- B
Maths- B
I got into pharmacy but due to certain circumstances (family) I had to decline the offer :frown:
And distance too.

Anyway… the problem is that I could’ve got to Manchester Metropolitan University without having to do this foundation year. But it’s too late now and they’re all full :frown:
I need help

Congrats

I got into pharmacy but due to certain circumstances (family) I had to decline the offer :frown: And distance too.
If you want to go into pharmacy, you should go into pharmacy, irrespective of what anybody else thinks. You have to live your own life, not your family's.

Cancel your current offer and apply next year?

One of the alternatives is consider making a transfer. See: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/transferring-to-manchester-met
This is a complete pain to do and you don't know how likely you would get in.

If you intend to transfer after your foundation year, I don't consider it particularly practical because all you have done is study stuff on computer science at the equivalent of Level 3 and spent at least £9250, but you don't need to do that. If you wanted to prepare yourself for the material, you could easily do computer science A Level in a gap year (whether you want to take the exams for the qualification or not is up to you).
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous
Biology- B
chemistry- B
Maths- B
And distance too.

I need help

Hi there
This is so unfortunate, sorry this has happened.
What are you thinking of doing? Would a gap year and then applying again for next year be an option?

Best wishes
Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending