The Student Room Group

Failed Uni 2nd Year, Need To Resit, But Cannot Get Additional Year Of Funding

So I am at a point where I failed a core module at University.

I have been offered the chance to retake this module in the next academic year.

The issue is that due to my foundation year, my extra year of funding for an undergraduate is gone. My last funded year is my 3rd year, which I cannot progress onto.

My only option would be to fund the core module that I am retaking myself, and then defer the funding I do have left for my final year.

Is it possible to get my maintenance loan for my retake year, so I get the £9,250, but not my tuition fee loan? I could then pay my tuition fee for my retake module out of the maintenance loan, and then when I go back for my final year, I can get my tuition funded by Student Finance and just live off of my savings for my final academic year?
Original post by Zackary12345
So I am at a point where I failed a core module at University.

I have been offered the chance to retake this module in the next academic year.

The issue is that due to my foundation year, my extra year of funding for an undergraduate is gone. My last funded year is my 3rd year, which I cannot progress onto.

My only option would be to fund the core module that I am retaking myself, and then defer the funding I do have left for my final year.

Is it possible to get my maintenance loan for my retake year, so I get the £9,250, but not my tuition fee loan? I could then pay my tuition fee for my retake module out of the maintenance loan, and then when I go back for my final year, I can get my tuition funded by Student Finance and just live off of my savings for my final academic year?

Hi there, You are eligible for a Maintenance Loan, however the amount may not be the amount that are being charged for the Tuition Fee funding. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, You are eligible for a Maintenance Loan, however the amount may not be the amount that are being charged for the Tuition Fee funding. Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela, thanks for the reply.

So does this mean that I would still be able to obtain a maintenance loan for the academic year 2023/2024, but not a tuition fee?

Would this also mean that I would not get a maintenance loan for academic year 2024/2025?
Original post by Zackary12345
Hi Angela, thanks for the reply.

So does this mean that I would still be able to obtain a maintenance loan for the academic year 2023/2024, but not a tuition fee?

Would this also mean that I would not get a maintenance loan for academic year 2024/2025?

Hi there,

You will receive the Maintenance Loan as this is not affected by previous study.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending