The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

How to cope with possibly being withdrawn from my course

I think i have been rejected from Loughborough university, I got 80 out of the 100 credits needed for progression. I have not received a response to my appeal after 2 weeks but i cannot access my university email or software services anymore and I believe they have deleted my account. I do not know if this is automatic as i am technically not a student regardless of my appeal or this is their quiet way of stating that my appeal has been rejected. I'm panicking right now and don't know what to do, searching for uni specific answers aren't giving me clear results :frown: Should I still bother waiting or continue trying harder to apply for other universities to join in 2nd year or search for apprenticeships [I'm an international student]
Reply 1
I think i have been rejected from Loughborough university, I got 80 out of the 100 credits needed for progression. I have not received a response to my appeal after 2 weeks but i cannot access my university email or software services anymore and I believe they have deleted my account. I do not know if this is automatic as i am technically not a student regardless of my appeal or this is their quiet way of stating that my appeal has been rejected. I'm panicking right now and don't know what to do, searching for uni specific answers aren't giving me clear results Just messed up that after all the **** I went through during the assessment period, I still may not be given a second chance and it's messing me up. Should I still bother waiting and hoping for a positive result in my personal email or continue trying harder to apply for other universities to join in 2nd year or search for apprenticeships [I'm an international student]
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by CallmeShoba
I think i have been rejected from Loughborough university, I got 80 out of the 100 credits needed for progression. I have not received a response to my appeal after 2 weeks but i cannot access my university email or software services anymore and I believe they have deleted my account. I do not know if this is automatic as i am technically not a student regardless of my appeal or this is their quiet way of stating that my appeal has been rejected. I'm panicking right now and don't know what to do, searching for uni specific answers aren't giving me clear results Just messed up that after all the **** I went through during the assessment period, I still may not be given a second chance and it's messing me up. Should I still bother waiting and hoping for a positive result in my personal email or continue trying harder to apply for other universities to join in 2nd year or search for apprenticeships [I'm an international student]

Hi @CallmeShoba

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I think the best thing to do would be to contact admissions using the contact details found on this page. In the email make sure to include your full name and application details and they should be able to help you.

I hope this helped and if you have any other questions just get in touch :smile:

Jess
I think i have been rejected from Loughborough university, I got 80 out of the 100 credits needed for progression. I have not received a response to my appeal after 2 weeks but i cannot access my university email or software services anymore and I believe they have deleted my account. I do not know if this is automatic as i am technically not a student regardless of my appeal or this is their quiet way of stating that my appeal has been rejected. I'm panicking right now and don't know what to do, searching for uni specific answers aren't giving me clear results :frown: Should I still bother waiting or continue trying harder to apply for other universities to join in 2nd year or search for apprenticeships [I'm an international student]

Hi @CallmeShoba

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I've responded to you on the other thread but I thought I'd put the information here as well just in case :smile:

I think the best thing to do would be to contact admissions using the contact details found on this page. In the email make sure to include your full name and application details and they should be able to help you.

I hope this helped and if you have any other questions just get in touch :smile:

Jess
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @CallmeShoba

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I think the best thing to do would be to contact admissions using the contact details found on this page. In the email make sure to include your full name and application details and they should be able to help you.

Jess

It looks to me that the OP is (was?) A student at Loughborough who has failed to progress to the next year, rather than a new applicant.

Hi @CallmeShoba,

I am sorry we misunderstood your problem previously.

I would recommend you contact your personal tutor for more assistance as they will be able to provide you more details with your concern.

I hope this helps.

Alex
I attend Loughborough University and they are pretty strict when it comes to progressing to the next year. Other uni's have similar policies but I heard some allow you to carry forward some credits to the the next year but Loughborough don't allow that. I know someone that this happened to and usually what happens is, either you get the chance to resit (with or without attendance), change course or your studies are terminated. And if you failed the resit first attempts in the summer then normally u lose access to student records and LEARN until you are reinstated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending