The Student Room Group

Possible to study medicine again

I was a second year student, I did a repeat year and I failed, im planning on transferring to another course in my university. but im wondering if I get my **** together, graduate with a degree, would it be possible to reapply for graduate medicine, in the UK and also abroad like Australia etc.
Original post by unlimited123456
I was a second year student, I did a repeat year and I failed, im planning on transferring to another course in my university. but im wondering if I get my **** together, graduate with a degree, would it be possible to reapply for graduate medicine, in the UK and also abroad like Australia etc.

a short answer: yes
Get a undergraduate degree, and apply for graduate medicine.
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/study/ugr/applying/entryreqs/academic/
However….
Applicants who have previously studied medicine
We will not consider applications from students who have previously studied medicine and have had to leave the programme of study due to academic failure without successful mitigation (in one or more subjects/modules/blocks) or due the findings of a fitness to practise hearing. If you have previously studied Medicine (even outside of the UK) you must contact us prior to making an application.
So some places will reject you.
Original post by BankaiGintoki
a short answer: yes
Get a undergraduate degree, and apply for graduate medicine.
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/study/ugr/applying/entryreqs/academic/
However….
Applicants who have previously studied medicine
We will not consider applications from students who have previously studied medicine and have had to leave the programme of study due to academic failure without successful mitigation (in one or more subjects/modules/blocks) or due the findings of a fitness to practise hearing. If you have previously studied Medicine (even outside of the UK) you must contact us prior to making an application.
So some places will reject you.

do you know of some unis that wouldn't penalise that against me.
Original post by unlimited123456
do you know of some unis that wouldn't penalise that against me.

wait, I will check entry requirements for all graduate entry medicine in the uk. Will reply within an hour
wait, I will check entry requirements for all graduate entry medicine in the uk. Will reply within an hour

thank you very much, ive been having a look and most universities dont accept reapplicants
Queen mary: doesnt say it wont penalise
Birmingham: no
Cambridge: no
Cardiff: no
Chester: only international students
Dundee/St Andrews no
King’s College London - doesnt say it wont penalise
Newcastle - doesnt say it wont penalise
Nottingham - doesnt say it wont penalise
Oxford - no
Sheffield - doesnt say it wont penalise
Southampton - doesnt say it wont penalise
St George’s - doesnt say it wont penalise
Surrey - only international
Swansea - no
Worcester - only international
Warwick - no
Queen mary: doesnt say it wont penalise
Birmingham: no
Cambridge: no
Cardiff: no
Chester: only international students
Dundee/St Andrews no
King’s College London - doesnt say it wont penalise
Newcastle - doesnt say it wont penalise
Nottingham - doesnt say it wont penalise
Oxford - no
Sheffield - doesnt say it wont penalise
Southampton - doesnt say it wont penalise
St George’s - doesnt say it wont penalise
Surrey - only international
Swansea - no
Worcester - only international
Warwick - no

I have found a more reliable list..,, https://6med.co.uk/guides/reapplying-to-medicine/#:~:text=Yes%2C%20you%20absolutely%20can!,true%20of%20their%20reapplication%20processes.
Ignore mine, at looked at the medical school websites, and if it didn't explicitly state it, I assumed it would accept.

The best thing to do is email every medical school, explain your situation, and ask for a yes/no response
(edited 8 months ago)
I have found a more reliable list..,, https://6med.co.uk/guides/reapplying-to-medicine/#:~:text=Yes%2C%20you%20absolutely%20can!,true%20of%20their%20reapplication%20processes.
Ignore mine, at looked at the medical school websites, and if it didn't explicitly state it, I assumed it would accept.

The best thing to do is email every medical school, explain your situation, and ask for a yes/no response

thank you very much this is so helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending