The Student Room Group

foundation year

would it be dumb to apply for foundation years for medicine for entry in 2024 after a gap year? i just finished y13
i don’t know why i never even thought about med foundation years last year

worried even if i resit next summer i won’t be able to increase my grade as I fr think i studied as much as i could for these exams
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by hhhhheeeee
would it be dumb to apply for foundation years for medicine for entry in 2024 after a gap year? i just finished y13

worried even if i resit next summer i won’t be able to increase my grade as I fr think i studied as much as i could for these exams

i did a foundation year and there were multiple people who took a gap year and did a foundation year. if you really want to study medicine then i’d say go for it! one word of advice is to apply very strategically to maximise your chances of getting in. hope that helps :smile:

hey! i was in the same position as you and i was so annoyed that i didn’t consider a gap year. i’ve just finished my gap year and i’m about to start my foundation year and i don’t think it’s dumb at all. people have loads of diff routes in med and there are so many people of diff ages.

i would say only resit your a levels if you’re certain you can improve. most unis require at least bbb for foundation year i think. i would say if you decide to apply for a foundation year, really work on your interview prep and make sure you definitely meet the widening participant requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by blueflower9
hey! i was in the same position as you and i was so annoyed that i didn’t consider a gap year. i’ve just finished my gap year and i’m about to start my foundation year and i don’t think it’s dumb at all. people have loads of diff routes in med and there are so many people of diff ages.

i would say only resit your a levels if you’re certain you can improve. most unis require at least bbb for foundation year i think. i would say if you decide to apply for a foundation year, really work on your interview prep and make sure you definitely meet the widening participant requirements.

hi, i’ve done a bunch of research & i thought i found 4 foundation unis that i could apply to but i checked today again and idk if they changed the requirements for next year or what but i only have 2 foundation year unis to apply to ): as i need the B in chem.

Do you know if it’s possible to apply to 2 foundation whilst resitting my grades? as in use predicted pending grades for the 2 5 year medicine courses, and my actual grades that i recently got for the foundation? could i email the unis or something?
Reply 4
Original post by shas98
i did a foundation year and there were multiple people who took a gap year and did a foundation year. if you really want to study medicine then i’d say go for it! one word of advice is to apply very strategically to maximise your chances of getting in. hope that helps :smile:

helloo (:
did you apply to 4 foundation years?

why would it be dumb? its only an extra year. look at the people that do GEM and how much money and time they spend. im taking a gap year and going to apply to foundation year too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending