The Student Room Group

Official: Aston University A100 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holycookie
Would I qualify for a contextual offer at aston as I have received the UCAT bursary? I also would score 31 points so I think it is probably too much of a risk right? Would I be right in thinking that even if I am eligible for contextual offer, I would still have to meet the cut off of 31.5- or are there lower cut off for people who are contextual?

30.5 was the contextual cutoff last year, so it may be ok, as you would be considered contextual
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 21
Hi would it be too risky to apply to aston with a score of 31.5?
Have I got this right?
Aston does not give points for A levels for resit applicants
Original post by Worriermum
Have I got this right?
Aston does not give points for A levels for resit applicants

that’s correct
Original post by Mn111
Hi would it be too risky to apply to aston with a score of 31.5?

wouldn’t think so, but it may depend on your other options
Reply 25
Original post by reubenn05
wouldn’t think so, but it may depend on your other options

Sorry what do you mean other options?
Also was Aston cut off 31.5 last year - is it likely this might go up?
Original post by Mn111
Sorry what do you mean other options?
Also was Aston cut off 31.5 last year - is it likely this might go up?

yes it was 31.5. it could possibly go up, but i’m not sure if that is likely, considering gcse grade deflation. i mean how risky your other uni choices are
that’s correct

Which means for resits only gcse and ucat score point should add up to reach the cut off score
Reply 28
Original post by Worriermum
Which means for resits only gcse and ucat score point should add up to reach the cut off score

It used to be the best of the score using GCSEs or the score using A levels, but if that is no longer on the website, I would contact them and check
Original post by GANFYD
It used to be the best of the score using GCSEs or the score using A levels, but if that is no longer on the website, I would contact them and check

Thanks will email them
Reply 30
hi is it too risky applying with a total score of 31? my gcses are 999999999 and ucat of 2580 b2
Original post by jasmine6
hi is it too risky applying with a total score of 31? my gcses are 999999999 and ucat of 2580 b2

i would say it is quite risky, but it depends on your other options
Reply 32
do you think id have a shot with 31.5?
Original post by haum3a
do you think id have a shot with 31.5?

yes, but can't be certain
Reply 34
hello, i have a score of 29 with 2360 b1 ucat. im an international student (non contextual). will the cutoff go down because of gcse grade deflation or is it too risky to apply? thank you!
Original post by rb00625
hello, i have a score of 29 with 2360 b1 ucat. im an international student (non contextual). will the cutoff go down because of gcse grade deflation or is it too risky to apply? thank you!

it may go down but probably only slightly, so it would be too risky imo
Reply 36
it may go down but probably only slightly, so it would be too risky imo

oh okay thanks a lot though!
hi, I got a UCAT of 2820 band 2 with GCSES 99999888887 with the 9s in English Lang, Bio, Chem, Maths and Further maths. I was considering aston as one of my safer choices because I've seen it has a fairly high post interview sucess rate and also because it is fairly close to me. What score would I get and do I have a good chance of interview?
Original post by ilovemaths28
hi, I got a UCAT of 2820 band 2 with GCSES 99999888887 with the 9s in English Lang, Bio, Chem, Maths and Further maths. I was considering aston as one of my safer choices because I've seen it has a fairly high post interview sucess rate and also because it is fairly close to me. What score would I get and do I have a good chance of interview?

you would have a score of 32.5 and yes you would have a good chance of interview
Now I'm year 13 international student.
I score my GCSE 22/24
I achieved A level math got A*
Ucat score 8/12
Does Aston have additional score for achieved A level grade ?
Is 30 enough to interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending