The Student Room Group

Official: Aston University A100 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Since Aston is a new university there were some concerns previously about inadequate facilities, faculty etc. If anyone has updated feedback on pros and cons it would be great. Thank you.
Original post by wanicetea1
Now I'm year 13 international student.
I score my GCSE 22/24
I achieved A level math got A*
Ucat score 8/12
Does Aston have additional score for achieved A level grade ?
Is 30 enough to interview?

i think aston only scores achieved a levels when you've done all 3 or 4, so they'd just score your gcses in your case, but I'd email to check. 30 probably wouldn't be enough to interview unfortunately.
Reply 42
Original post by reubenn05
that shouldn't be risky, a 32.5 cutoff would mean a 2800+ ucat and max gcse points, which seems unlikely, as that is a rise of 200 ucat points. because of gcse grade deflation and aston upping the a level requirements the cutoff is unlikely to rise by much if at all imo

what do you think it will fall to? i've got 29.5 (non WP) and A*AA
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by LIUDD
what do you think it will fall to? i've got 29.5 (non WP) and A*AA

either stay the same or decrease to 31
Reply 44
2690 B2
i think i score 31.5? is that risky for non contextual or is it safe enough to apply,
Original post by beuhdhdi
2690 B2
i think i score 31.5? is that risky for non contextual or is it safe enough to apply,

yes you score 31.5 as long as the 7 and 5 are not in core subjects. it shouldn't be risky, due to gcse grade deflation.
Reply 46
yes you score 31.5 as long as the 7 and 5 are not in core subjects. it shouldn't be risky, due to gcse grade deflation.

7 is in french which was done in y9, and 5 was in art. ty
Reply 47
Hi,

I am a repeat candidate. Scored AAB and resitting B in chemistry. Predicted A*/A
UCAT 2720, SJT Band 2
GCSEs 9A* 1A (Northern Ireland )
Aston score will be 32.
Worth applying to Aston?
Original post by amaprns
Hi,

I am a repeat candidate. Scored AAB and resitting B in chemistry. Predicted A*/A
UCAT 2720, SJT Band 2
GCSEs 9A* 1A (Northern Ireland )
Aston score will be 32.
Worth applying to Aston?

yes, cutoff was 31.5 last year and will probably either decrease slightly or stay the same
I'm a graduate applying for the undergrad Med degree at Aston. I previously applied after A-levels but didn't get in - I was contextual and completed the Doug Ellis programme.

GCSE's:8887776655B
A-Levels: AAB + A* EPQ
Degree: BSc Biomedical Science - 2:1
UCAT: 2720 B2

I'm not sure how the contextual stuff works for a graduate and whether my previous completion of the Doug programme impacts my application.

Do you guys think I have a good chance?

Thanks
Reply 50
yes, cutoff was 31.5 last year and will probably either decrease slightly or stay the same

Thanks 😊
Reply 51
I’ve got 29.5 is it okay to apply
Original post by LIUDD
I’ve got 29.5 is it okay to apply

cutoff was 31.5 last year and will probably either stay the same or decrease slightly to 31, so it wouldn't be advisable to apply
Reply 53
Hi,

Would Aston be a safe choice with a UCAT score of 2730 and GCSE scores of 9 9 9 9 (Math, Phy, Chem, Bio) 8 8 (English language, literature) 7 (Art & Design) 6 (Music)? I calculated my score as 32 but unsure if this is correct.

Many thanks!
Original post by Maddy.Ray
Hi,

Would Aston be a safe choice with a UCAT score of 2730 and GCSE scores of 9 9 9 9 (Math, Phy, Chem, Bio) 8 8 (English language, literature) 7 (Art & Design) 6 (Music)? I calculated my score as 32 but unsure if this is correct.

Many thanks!

should be ok, cutoff was 31.5 last year
Reply 55
should be ok, cutoff was 31.5 last year

Many thanks!
Reply 56
Would I be safe with a score of 31.5 (WP) this year? I think last year’s cut off for WP was 30.5??
Original post by Rose2576
Would I be safe with a score of 31.5 (WP) this year? I think last year’s cut off for WP was 30.5??

yes, that should be ok, i think the cutoff will either stay the same or decrease by 0.5
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 58
yes, that should be ok, i think the cutoff will either stay the same or decrease by 0.5

Thank you! :h:
I was initially stuck between Aston and Keele but I think I’ll go for Aston as keele are mostly using personal statements this year, am I right in saying?
Original post by Rose2576
Thank you! :h:
I was initially stuck between Aston and Keele but I think I’ll go for Aston as keele are mostly using personal statements this year, am I right in saying?

yes, i'd go for aston as for keele, the ps scoring is subjective

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending