The Student Room Group

Official: Aston University A100 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

hello guys,
i achieved 99999988 and a L2D* in level 2 btec sport
my ucat is 2650 and band 2
wanting to apply for 2024 entry
i received ucat bursery and first in my family to go uni
what is my point score and is choosing aston uni medicine a safe option?
need advice ASAP please
Hi, where can I find the scoring system for aston, or would it be possible to caluclate my score. My stats are as follows:
- GCSEs - 99998888877
- Predicted A-levels - A*A*A
- UCAT - 2710, B3
- WP - POLAR 4 QUINTILE 1
Thank you :smile:
Original post by ~𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥~
Hi, where can I find the scoring system for aston, or would it be possible to caluclate my score. My stats are as follows:
- GCSEs - 99998888877
- Predicted A-levels - A*A*A
- UCAT - 2710, B3
- WP - POLAR 4 QUINTILE 1
Thank you :smile:

what are your 7s in ?
Original post by Mohammad 2976
hello guys,
i achieved 99999988 and a L2D* in level 2 btec sport
my ucat is 2650 and band 2
wanting to apply for 2024 entry
i received ucat bursery and first in my family to go uni
what is my point score and is choosing aston uni medicine a safe option?
need advice ASAP please

you score 31.5, cutoff for wp last year was 30.5 so it’s pretty safe
Original post by reubenn05
31.5 was cutoff for non WP last year, 30.5 was the cutoff for WP, so should be fine

Aston have increase there WP places this year so there will be more pressure on places this year therefore probably raising the cutoff.
Original post by Pepsycharlie
Aston have increase there WP places this year so there will be more pressure on places this year therefore probably raising the cutoff.

where did you get this info from ?
Original post by reubenn05
where did you get this info from ?

Hi

There website - 40% places for WAP.
Reply 67
Hi

Hi, I couldn't find this on their website. Would you have a link that you could share as this could potentially derail my shortlist? Thanks!
Reply 68
Original post by Maddy.Ray
Hi, I couldn't find this on their website. Would you have a link that you could share as this could potentially derail my shortlist? Thanks!

Thanks, found it - https://www.aston.ac.uk/hls/aston-medical-school/widening-participation

"In keeping with our vision of being a socially inclusive medical school, we aim to offer 40% of our UK/EU places each year to students who meet specified widening participation criteria"

https://www.aston.ac.uk/hls/aston-medical-school/widening-participation
Thanks, found it - https://www.aston.ac.uk/hls/aston-medical-school/widening-participation

"In keeping with our vision of being a socially inclusive medical school, we aim to offer 40% of our UK/EU places each year to students who meet specified widening participation criteria

No problem - :smile:
Reply 71
No problem - :smile:

Does this mean offer likelihood has been reduced dramatically? I've shortlisted Aston as a safe choice, do I need to reconsider?
Does this mean offer likelihood has been reduced dramatically? I've shortlisted Aston as a safe choice, do I need to reconsider?

I definately think it will be harder this year and not sure that the gcse movement will have the effect anticpated as they score grade 8 and 9s the same. Each year trend has been for higher UCAT as it becomes better known.
Reply 73
I definately think it will be harder this year and not sure that the gcse movement will have the effect anticpated as they score grade 8 and 9s the same. Each year trend has been for higher UCAT as it becomes better known.

Thanks, my ICAT is 2730, score 32 for Aston so probably ok from that perspective as ucat score would need to be over 2800 to raise cut-off to 32.5.

Aston apparently has 100 places for home students. Does it mean 40 wap and 60 others?
Thanks, my ICAT is 2730, score 32 for Aston so probably ok from that perspective as ucat score would need to be over 2800 to raise cut-off to 32.5.

Aston apparently has 100 places for home students. Does it mean 40 wap and 60 others?

I think so. You could check with them?
Reply 75
Hi

Aston have always said the have 40% of places for WP
Iam really not sure what my daughter needs to choose then, her score is 30.5 with 2690 Ucat and she is non contextual
Doesnt have much choice
Just hoping cutoff will come down
Reply 77
Original post by Worriermum
Iam really not sure what my daughter needs to choose then, her score is 30.5 with 2690 Ucat and she is non contextual
Doesnt have much choice
Just hoping cutoff will come down

I would have thought the reduction in grade inflation will drop the cut off by a point or so
Original post by GANFYD
I would have thought the reduction in grade inflation will drop the cut off by a point or so

Shall we just keep Aston? Not that we have a huge choice😬
Reply 79
Original post by Worriermum
Shall we just keep Aston? Not that we have a huge choice😬

It does not feel unreasonable :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending