The Student Room Group

Official: Aston University A100 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chiagoziemnneke
I went through last years thread, and interviews started to be sent out from april onwards, but they were a bit mean tho, they would drag it out and some people got rejection on the 19th of may, so it looks like to get an offer april and if by april no offer its looking peak

Hi but this year is different the last interview date is 19th of March. I remember seeing this being the last date when booking my interview!
Original post by bbelephant
Hi but this year is different the last interview date is 19th of March. I remember seeing this being the last date when booking my interview!

I think they mean offers!
I went through last years thread, and interviews started to be sent out from april onwards, but they were a bit mean tho, they would drag it out and some people got rejection on the 19th of may, so it looks like to get an offer april and if by april no offer its looking peak

should we expect offers to come out starting from after easter then? or is there a chance that they'd start during easter
Original post by abodnajjar
should we expect offers to come out starting from after easter then? or is there a chance that they'd start during easter

Im not sure, they close next week thursday so, and are closed for a while until 22 april, from what it says from there calendar (on website)...so I hope next week they send our offers, but could stretch out longer
Original post by bbelephant

yh sorry typo, offers I meant
Reply 1025
Im not sure, they close next week thursday so, and are closed for a while until 22 april, from what it says from there calendar (on website)...so I hope next week they send our offers, but could stretch out longer

I doubt that admissions will be closed until 22nd April.

Also there’s nothing on Aston Uni website that says the admissions office will be closed until 22nd April

It only shows the Term dates for Students and states that the Third term for students will start on 22nd April.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi can someone explain how aston calculates their pre and post interview scores to shortlist people for offers?
Hi, post interview it’s 50% academics, 25% UCAT and 25% interview score :smile:
It basically means what ever points you had pre-interview, add up to 12 points for the interview.
Reply 1029
Original post by Tameshk
It basically means what ever points you had pre-interview, add up to 12 points for the interview.

Where does it say that the interview is scored out of 12 points?
Original post by Lxxx1
Where does it say that the interview is scored out of 12 points?

It doesn’t but if it’s academic 50% , ucat 25% and interview 25%, the ratio will be the same. 24:12:12.
That’s how I look at it.
Does anyone know what the MMI is out of ?
Original post by aspiringmedic__
Does anyone know what the MMI is out of ?

It’s out of 80 (according to their website)
Yes I was a bit confused as it says the maximum score for 2022 entry was in the 90s range
(edited 1 month ago)
Yes I was a bit confused as it says the maximum score for 2022 entry was in the 90s range

I think they later confirmed that was a percentage, though they could make things clearer!
Original post by GANFYD
I think they later confirmed that was a percentage, though they could make things clearer!

Is that a percentage of 80 - so 92% of 80 ?
Is that a percentage of 80 - so 92% of 80 ?

I believe so
When can we expect to hear back - loosing patience
Reply 1038
Original post by Azaan_m05
When can we expect to hear back - loosing patience

Probably after Easter now. The admissions team will probably be taking a break for Easter so whenever they return from that.
Anybody else’s portal gone blank with the status of their application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending