The Student Room Group

Official: University of Exeter A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by reubenn05
they use the ones from the ucat website i think, but they may work it out incorrectly

In that case the cut off for the 9 th decile last year was 2880
may be a bit risky as it is unclear how exeter work out the deciles - they may do them incorrectly, thinking that your score would be 7th decile. i think the cutoff last year was 98/95 depending on how they used the deciles (2660/2670 + 3A*s)

Thanks!
Reply 22
Hi I'm abit confused how Exeter work out their score

Predicted 3A*. UCAT 2690, band 2.
Please can anyone help
Predicted A*A*A* and ucat 2610 band 1 so that puts me at around 93 or 95 points depending on deciles but I’m contextual and it says contextuals are “given up to a 5 point increase in their score on their website. I doubt I’d qualify for all 5 points so I’m worried Exeter is a bit risky ??
Original post by 2223333444555
Predicted A*A*A* and ucat 2610 band 1 so that puts me at around 93 or 95 points depending on deciles but I’m contextual and it says contextuals are “given up to a 5 point increase in their score on their website. I doubt I’d qualify for all 5 points so I’m worried Exeter is a bit risky ??

by 'up to 5 point increase' i think they mean up to a maximum of 100 points, not a scaled system, so as long as you meet the criteria for a contextual offer you should get all 5 points
by 'up to 5 point increase' i think they mean up to a maximum of 100 points, not a scaled system, so as long as you meet the criteria for a contextual offer you should get all 5 points

Oh right okay thanks very much that’s great to hear. So I should get either 98 or 100 depending on what decile my ucat is - likely 98 from what I can gather. If the cut off was 98 last year it would be a bit of a risk applying but I really want to go Exeter eeeeek
Reply 26
Hi, I have 3A* predictions and a 2880 B1 UCAT. Would Exeter be a safe place for me to apply? Thanks
Original post by E333
Hi, I have 3A* predictions and a 2880 B1 UCAT. Would Exeter be a safe place for me to apply? Thanks

should be ok
Reply 28
Hi

Predicted 3A* ucat 2690, band 2

Would exeter be safe to apply?
Reply 29
I would say risky unless you are contextual as last year they interviewed only people with 98/100 points and 3 A stars so mainly 9 th decile or 8 th decile and I think 2690 may not hit the decile requirements?
Original post by Mn111
Hi

Predicted 3A* ucat 2690, band 2

Would exeter be safe to apply?
Reply 30
Hi.
These are my stats.
I have 9 level 9 at GCSE
I am predicted 3 A* in bio, chem and maths.
My UCAT is 2780 band 1.
Sadly, I do have extenuating circumstances.
Are my stats strong enough for Exeter? Would this give me a 98 score?TIA
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 31
Would A*A*A* and 2640 be too risky? Not sure if UCAT deciles are dropping or going up this year.
Hi
Would it be worth applying to exeter with 2680 b2 ucat and A*A*A* predictions. I'm also non-contextual.
Thanks
Reply 33
whats this ucat cut off about?
Original post by bekaoncns
whats this ucat cut off about?

it means that there were too many people with 100 points, so they had to introduce a ucat cutoff
Reply 35
So cut off was 95 last year?

Score is 2690 so I'm unsure if that's 7th or 8th decile

So either get 95 or 98?

Is is worth applying?
I am so confused...

I have 3A*s and 2540 UCAT with Band 2 SJT.
What are my chances??
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by DiaGeorge100111
I am so confused...

I have 3A*s and 2540 UCAT with Band 2 SJT.
What are my chances??

it's risky i'm afraid - cutoff last year was 3A* and 2660
it's risky i'm afraid - cutoff last year was 3A* and 2660

But contextuals can have a lower ucat right because we get an extra 5 pts? Worrying rn 😀 As long as points score is above 95 should be ok?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by 2223333444555
But contextuals can have a lower ucat right because we get an extra 5 pts? Worrying rn 😀 As long as points score is above 95 should be ok?

yes, but the person i was replying to did not say that they were contextual, so i assumed they weren't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending