The Student Room Group

Official: University of Exeter A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mushimedic
How likely is it that the cutoff will increase this year , any insight @GANFYD.

95 feels reasonable to me. They have needed A*A*A* for many years, and often had to operate a UCAT cut off, and when they did, it was 8th decile +
Original post by GANFYD
95 feels reasonable to me. They have needed A*A*A* for many years, and often had to operate a UCAT cut off, and when they did, it was 8th decile +

I thought so too , the thing is I have 95 points so there may be safer options but I do like Exeter . Thanks for getting back to me :biggrin:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 82
Does anyone know if the Exeter interviews (2024 entry) will be in person or online please?
Reply 83
Is the cutoff likely to remain at 95? I'm sat on 98 points at the moment, but a lot of sources have said that almost all interview slots were filled by those on 100 points...
Reply 84
Original post by anonym1
Is the cutoff likely to remain at 95? I'm sat on 98 points at the moment, but a lot of sources have said that almost all interview slots were filled by those on 100 points...

Nobody can tell you this. 2 year ago, 100 points was needed, but Exeter amended their contextual scoring after this and it was 95 last year. There will be a lot of people who were on 98 points last year and all of them got interviews, and to my knowledge, so did all the 95s, as I do not remember a UCAT cut off being applied within that score
Would A*A*A predicted and 2810 B1 be ok for this year as a contextual applicant? I meet all their other requirements like GCSEs etc.
Reply 86
Original post by reubenn05
cutoff for last year was 95, we won't know the cutoff for this year until after the deadline i.e. when interviews/rejections come out

hi
could you please send the link to see last cut off of 95,
Reply 87
Original post by Premsing
hi
could you please send the link to see last cut off of 95,

I am not sure there is a link but it was apparently confirmed at the open day
Reply 88
Thank you
Reply 89
I've got A*A*A and top decile UCAT - sadly I don't think I'm a contextual student. Do you guys know how many points I would score and how many is recommended for an interview this year??
Original post by aaasdfg
I've got A*A*A and top decile UCAT - sadly I don't think I'm a contextual student. Do you guys know how many points I would score and how many is recommended for an interview this year?

You’d score 93 , you’ll need 95+
Reply 91
Original post by aaasdfg
I've got A*A*A and top decile UCAT - sadly I don't think I'm a contextual student. Do you guys know how many points I would score and how many is recommended for an interview this year??

You would have 93 points. Cut off was 95 last year and 100 the year before
Reply 92
Why would the cut off have decreased going from 2022 to 2023? You reckon the cut off would go down again or no??
Reply 93
Damn - it literally seems to get into Exeter you need to have 3A*s otherwise you're not getting an interview. Is that really the case?
Original post by aaasdfg
Damn - it literally seems to get into Exeter you need to have 3A*s otherwise you're not getting an interview. Is that really the case?

yes that has been the case for many years
Reply 95
Original post by aaasdfg
Why would the cut off have decreased going from 2022 to 2023? You reckon the cut off would go down again or no??

They messed up offer numbers for CAGs and TAGs so had to defer everyone and had no places left to offer 2 years ago. Was more normal last year.
Reply 96
Original post by GANFYD
They messed up offer numbers for CAGs and TAGs so had to defer everyone and had no places left to offer 2 years ago. Was more normal last year.

Damn ok - do you think it would go down again this year or that's really quite unlikely? Basically saying that applying to Exeter without 3A*s is pretty risky right (given no contextual)?
Reply 97
Original post by aaasdfg
Damn ok - do you think it would go down again this year or that's really quite unlikely? Basically saying that applying to Exeter without 3A*s is pretty risky right (given no contextual)?

Needed 3 A*s for years
Reply 98
Would A*A*A* and 2820 Band 2 UCAT be good for application this year? I think I may contextual too.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 99
Original post by japiso
Would A*A*A* and 2820 Band 2 UCAT be good for application this year? I think I may contextual too.

Yes, should be fine either way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending