The Student Room Group

Official: Keele University A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Which universities do u think I fit the criteria for?
Original post by Wishfull
Which universities do u think I fit the criteria for?

pure ucat unis: plymouth, aru, edge hill, liverpool, sgul, maybe uea. what is your exact gcse breakdown? what band sjt did you get?
Reply 22
Original post by reubenn05
pure ucat unis: plymouth, aru, edge hill, liverpool, sgul, maybe uea. what is your exact gcse breakdown? what band sjt did you get?

A*English lang A*history A*Religious education 4xA biology chemistry physics maths
2xB Spanish and English lit....SJT band 2
Reply 23
Original post by Nhunhgtj
Hey so I got a 2500 and have all 7 and above in gcse and I have A*AAA predicted

Am I able to get in anywhere?

Also i loved the Keele campus but how is the city around Keele is it relatively lively?

Hey!! Keele is a great choice for you then, the campus has alot of socieities and its only 1hr away from Birmingham and manchester so its pretty lively!!

If you have any other qs feel free to message me :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by (())
Hey everyone! Best of luck for applications this year :smile: A reminder that anything is possible, I recieved 2400 UCAT and i'm starting this med this year...if anyone has any questions - please feel free to message me or ask here :smile: since i applied in 2023 i'm sure i'll be able to answer everyones questions :smile:

Heyy, I got 14 A*s in GCSE and 2630 in UCAT, SJT Band 1. I didn't get the UCAT bursary and I'm not a contextual applicant but I do live in the Keele region. I'm guessing I get around 7 points out of 10. Would that be competitive for interview at Keele?
Reply 25
Also do I need to complete the R&R form for 2024 entry? I don't see any mention of it on the entry requirements website...
Reply 26
Hey guys I got 2490 in my ucat band 3
Predicted A*AAA.
GCSEs 99998888887

Volunteered in oxfam charity shop (6 months)
Work experience /shadowing junior doctors in A&E
Reading mentor and head of school council

Do I have a chance ?
Original post by VilasL06
Also do I need to complete the R&R form for 2024 entry? I don't see any mention of it on the entry requirements website...

no, they score personal statement instead
Reply 28
Original post by JJ5672
Hey guys I got 2490 in my ucat band 3
Predicted A*AAA.
GCSEs 99998888887

Volunteered in oxfam charity shop (6 months)
Work experience /shadowing junior doctors in A&E
Reading mentor and head of school council

Do I have a chance ?

defo i got in with something similar, if you have any qs msg me x
Reply 29
Original post by (())
defo i got in with something similar, if you have any qs msg me x

Hi,
I got 2630 UCAT and SJT Band 1. I got 14 A*s in GCSE (im from Wales). I have done volunteering in a hospital cafe, a care home (mostly dementia/elderly residents) and I have just started volunteering in the hospital. Would I be considered for Keele? Also is there a R&R form this year or has it changed to personal statement? And would you recommend any other unis?
Thanks
Reply 30
Hi,
I got 2630 UCAT and SJT Band 1. I got 14 A*s in GCSE (im from Wales). I have done volunteering in a hospital cafe, a care home (mostly dementia/elderly residents) and I have just started volunteering in the hospital. Would I be considered for Keele? Also is there a R&R form this year or has it changed to personal statement? And would you recommend any other unis?
Thanks

Hi keele is. agreat choice, yeah they dont do rnr anymore as they rank personal statement but since you have alot of volunteering defo still worth applying, sunderland has something similar too
Reply 31
Heyy, I got 14 A*s in GCSE and 2630 in UCAT, SJT Band 1. I didn't get the UCAT bursary and I'm not a contextual applicant but I do live in the Keele region. I'm guessing I get around 7 points out of 10. Would that be competitive for interview at Keele?

How many points is your ucat score worth? I got similar
Original post by chemelved

https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply/#shortlisting they score sjt too + contextual flags
your ucat probably would've been 2nd quintile based on last year's stats
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 33
hii
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 34
Original post by chemelved

I got 6, 4 because of 4th quintile and 2 because of band 1 :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by (())
i do interview prep tutoring!! so if anyone needs any help just message me :smile:

Heyy, I might need some interview practice in a couple of weeks time!! Thinking of applying to Oxford Cardiff Bham and Notts/Lincoln!!
Reply 36
Heyy, I might need some interview practice in a couple of weeks time!! Thinking of applying to Oxford Cardiff Bham and Notts/Lincoln!!

heyy ive sent you a pm :smile:
Reply 37
Hi do keele prefer voluntary work done over longer period of time rather than work experiences done for say a week ?
Original post by Mn111
Hi do keele prefer voluntary work done over longer period of time rather than work experiences done for say a week ?

it’s not really about the length, but they would prefer hands on volunteering to shadowing. also they want sustained extracurricular activities, which could include volunteering
(edited 7 months ago)
contextual offer would be AAA
your volunteering and wex looks good, check your personal statement matches their spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending