The Student Room Group

Official: Keele University A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I got 2610 band 1 ( so thats 6/10 points ) and a decent amount of work experience + lots of volunteering to put on the personal statement. I think I will apply to Keele for 2024 entry ?
Reply 42
What quintile would 2640 fall under please? Is it 3 or 4?
Hi, My UCAT score is 2580 with SJI Band 2 and 3A* as my Predicted grade. May i know what is the least UCAT Cut-off called for interview and Lowest UCAT score got offered for Keele 2022 or 2023 entry ?

It would be great, if you let me know how likely I called for interview and getting offered in Keele uni with my above scores.
Also, please let me know how the personal statement got scored ?

Your response would be massively helpful to me to choose my uni options in UCAS.
PLEASE RESPOND*ASAP.*TIA
Original post by Cleverclock
Hi, My UCAT score is 2580 with SJI Band 2 and 3A* as my Predicted grade. May i know what is the least UCAT Cut-off called for interview and Lowest UCAT score got offered for Keele 2022 or 2023 entry ?

It would be great, if you let me know how likely I called for interview and getting offered in Keele uni with my above scores.
Also, please let me know how the personal statement got scored ?

Your response would be massively helpful to me to choose my uni options in UCAS.
PLEASE RESPOND*ASAP.*TIA

ps is scored on the following criteria https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply/#person-specification-for-a-keele-medical-student
previous ucat scores will not be a good guide for this year due to the change in selection process
Reply 45
Hi what quintile does 2690 fall into please?
Original post by Mn111
Hi what quintile does 2690 fall into please?

2nd
The grades for Keele are A*AA, am I right in thinking that the A* has to be in a science?
Original post by reubenn05
2nd

Are the bands for the quintiles published and if so where can I find them please? Or do they change year on year?
Original post by Alison Andrews
Are the bands for the quintiles published and if so where can I find them please? Or do they change year on year?

i think it's based on the official ucat deciles, but keele may create their own by ranking all of their applicants. yes, in both instances they would change year on year
Original post by 2223333444555
The grades for Keele are A*AA, am I right in thinking that the A* has to be in a science?

they don't specify
Reply 51
Original post by (())
Yepp first time & it depends on how well you prepare for it !

how long/when did you start preparing for interviews? and would I be able to ask how you found the numeracy test?
Original post by reubenn05
if you do apply, make sure your personal statement matches keele's specification, as PS is scored for 15 out of 25 points

Out of 25, How many points we needed to called for interview ?
Original post by Cleverclock
Out of 25, How many points we needed to called for interview ?

nobody knows - this keele's first year using this scoring system, so there is no past data.
Hi, I've done my ucat today and got 2550 band 2, i only have 5 gcses (8s and 9s) and 3 A* predicted, I've volunteered in a care home for 3 months and 5 months in a hospital (ongoing) and virtual stuff. Should I apply? I loved the uni during the open day but my ucat really bogged me down
Reply 55
Hi, can I reapply with the personal statement I used last year but with some changes?
Reply 56
Original post by (())
Hey everyone! Best of luck for applications this year :smile: A reminder that anything is possible, I recieved 2400 UCAT and i'm starting this med this year...if anyone has any questions - please feel free to message me or ask here :smile: since i applied in 2023 i'm sure i'll be able to answer everyones questions :smile:

Hi there
My daughter is planning to apply for Medicine next year but her UCAT score didn’t go very well under 2400 and SJT 3.
She has good academics, work experience and volunteering experience. GCSE 8 A* and A level predicted grades are A* A* A
Work experience at hospital, Care home and St John’s Ambulance
Is it still advisable to apply as most of the Universities are looking at high UCAT score.
Thanks in advance
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 57
Hi was just wondering if anyone could clarify some things about the keele PS one of the criteria says volunteering in a caring role my volunteering was a yr at a charity shop during yr11 and then I started doing hospital volunteering helping people to find places around the hospital would any of these fit the criteria if a caring role
Reply 58
Original post by Abaldrouby
Hi was just wondering if anyone could clarify some things about the keele PS one of the criteria says volunteering in a caring role my volunteering was a yr at a charity shop during yr11 and then I started doing hospital volunteering helping people to find places around the hospital would any of these fit the criteria if a caring role

Frankly I have no idea. But if your choices are limited then go for it, but focus on any caring component you had to do whilst helping people around hospital, any in distress, needed help finding their way, help with walking? Being empathetic and approachable and BEING caring, rather than caring per se.

I repeat though I don't know the answer.
Original post by (())
Its more ab volunteering and work exp

Do they ask for proof of work experience eg certificate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending