The Student Room Group

Official: Brighton and Sussex (BSMS) A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by alexyiu
they’re not this year but you can go to an open day
Ohhh I see, thank you!
Does anyone know what the deadline is for firming an offer with BSMS?
Original post by jelfie
Hi, I recently got a bsms offer (super happy!!!) but does anyone have any idea if they do offer holder days? I can't see anything on their website and didn't spot anything in my email.

There’s an open day on the 15th June
Original post by MariaAdj
Does anyone know what the deadline is for firming an offer with BSMS?

I'm pretty sure it says on the portal that the UCAS deadline applies, which I believe is 6th June. I am going to message them just to check as it might be different for medicine and I would want to be 100% sure
hey guys, kinda worried about reaching the grade requirement for my offer (chem is going to be the death of me) for context I am like 2/3 grades below what I need. Any tips for chem? i feel like no matter how much i practise i keep forgetting what i need to do.
Original post by _fafa233
hey guys, kinda worried about reaching the grade requirement for my offer (chem is going to be the death of me) for context I am like 2/3 grades below what I need. Any tips for chem? i feel like no matter how much i practise i keep forgetting what i need to do.

Hi, I'm assuming you're already doing practice papers from what you're saying. Don't just do the questions but also study the markscheme. With chem you need to be sure that you've got your basics covered as well so wherever you feel shaky go over it and make sure you knowledge is solid. Also take a note of the questions that appear more often and how you need to work them out. You could watch walk-through videos for some papers on yt depending on your exam board.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by ssofiaq
Hi, I'm assuming you're already doing practice papers from what you're saying. Don't just do the questions but also study the markscheme. With chem you need to be sure that you've got your basics covered as well so wherever you feel shaky go over it and make sure you knowledge is solid. Also take a note of the questions that appear more often and how you need to work them out. You could watch walk-through videos for some papers on yt depending on your exam board.

thank you, I'll keep this in mind :smile:
is anyone going to see the campus? I want to go but I'm not sure since there's no actual offer holder day
Original post by tiyakila
is anyone going to see the campus? I want to go but I'm not sure since there's no actual offer holder day

I know a few people going for the applicant/open day on the 27th April. I live super close to Brighton and have been to the campus before for brightmed and a summer school but I think I'll still go to get a real look at the campus as a whole, although it is easier for me since I live closer so travelling isn't an issue, but I'd still say go and have a look if you can considering you'll be staying there for at least 5 years if you firm bsms, see the campus and go around brighton to see if you like it
Original post by 01_anonymous_10
I know a few people going for the applicant/open day on the 27th April. I live super close to Brighton and have been to the campus before for brightmed and a summer school but I think I'll still go to get a real look at the campus as a whole, although it is easier for me since I live closer so travelling isn't an issue, but I'd still say go and have a look if you can considering you'll be staying there for at least 5 years if you firm bsms, see the campus and go around brighton to see if you like it

thank you! is the open day on the 27th on their website? I haven't seen anything
Original post by tiyakila
thank you! is the open day on the 27th on their website? I haven't seen anything

it's on the Sussex uni website I'm pretty sure, so it is going to be the Sussex campus only but that's where the main med school is (it's specifically for the falmer campus)
Original post by 01_anonymous_10
it's on the Sussex uni website I'm pretty sure, so it is going to be the Sussex campus only but that's where the main med school is (it's specifically for the falmer campus)

I called them about the open day on 27th. There's no talk or tour for medicine. Visitors can see the campus and accommodation.
when does accommodation open and when can we apply?
Original post by berrymed24
when does accommodation open and when can we apply?

Apparently they’ll email us this month if you firm BSMS as your first choice
Is there an offers holders chat or nah?
Original post by bharath232134
Is there an offers holders chat or nah?

There is on Facebook with first year med students at bsms
I never received an interview, but also didn't receive a rejection and from what I've read on the forum, some people have been rejected so is it possible that I am on a waiting list even if I haven't had an interview or should I contact the university?
Reply 418
Original post by Davies_96
I never received an interview, but also didn't receive a rejection and from what I've read on the forum, some people have been rejected so is it possible that I am on a waiting list even if I haven't had an interview or should I contact the university?
I would check your junk mail, but if there is no update there then contact BSMS ASAP.
Original post by rw14_
I would check your junk mail, but if there is no update there then contact BSMS ASAP.

okay thank you, there isn't anything in my junk email so I'll contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending