The Student Room Group

editing uni ID photos

i just got an email about uploading my photo for my student id card and theoretically, would it be okay to use a little facetune in the photo? not completely changing my features obviously, just a little touch ups to cover some pores
It most likely wouldn't be acceptable if they notice it and would require a new one. Besides which, the quality at which the photos are printed means that any changes you make will be obliterated in the printing process, and it'll still look terrible. That's just the nature of those kinds of ID cards...
It'll likely be a waste of time, mine made me look orange anyway *shrug*
Original post by karlamaria
i just got an email about uploading my photo for my student id card and theoretically, would it be okay to use a little facetune in the photo? not completely changing my features obviously, just a little touch ups to cover some pores

Hello,

It probably wouldn't be a good idea as your student id card will be used to access university events, much like a regular ID would grant you access to countries abroad, pubs etc. You wouldn't edit the photo on your passport or driver's license so you shouldn't edit your student ID either. It can get you into a lot of trouble, both with the university and legally as well. ID photos should always be natural pictures of your face.

Hope this helps,
Dom
Original post by karlamaria

Hey there @karlamaria !

Little hint: I used one of my instagram photos for mine and just zoomed in:biggrin:. It's always been fine as you can clearly tell its me but I think you'll be fine with facetune as long as its recogniseable that its you in the photo. That's for my university anyway, not sure if its the same as any others but Hallam didn't want a passport-style photo so we could pretty much choose whatever as long as it was head and shoulders.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending