The Student Room Group

I start uni soon and I don’t have a photo ID

I applied for my provisional driving license and still haven’t received my passport or the driving licence. I start uni in September and I’m not sure if I’ll get them by then. Will that affect me?
Original post by Ctoderascu
I applied for my provisional driving license and still haven’t received my passport or the driving licence. I start uni in September and I’m not sure if I’ll get them by then. Will that affect me?

The uni should issue you photo id with your uni/library card. YTou might be able to use that for your bank account id or your passport.
Clearly driving licence affects your ability to drive legally.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
The uni should issue you photo id with your uni/library card. YTou might be able to use that for your bank account id or your passport.
Clearly driving licence affects your ability to drive legally.

I think the OP may have been concerned about providing photo ID to the university for enrollment. When I enrolled a few years ago I had to upload a scan of my photo ID.

I'd imagine that universities may be a little more lenient with that stuff given the circumstances at the moment though!
Original post by IWMTom
I think the OP may have been concerned about providing photo ID to the university for enrollment. When I enrolled a few years ago I had to upload a scan of my photo ID.

I'd imagine that universities may be a little more lenient with that stuff given the circumstances at the moment though!

Ah ok, dont believe I did or I used something a bit crummy or birth certificate when enrolling. If he talks to them or says which uni we can look what they require and see if there are any less expensive or faster options.
Reply 4
I know it doesn't help so much NOW but moving forward, it's helpful to always have a copy of your ID/ license stored somewhere.

I have a scan of my passport and a scan of my driving licence for times where I need it. Although as said earlier in this thread, unis are likely to be more lenient given the current situation.

Not forgetting that clearly you are who you say you are, you literally went through an entire application process where they have your grades and your school would have provided a reference.

So it's clearly not a situation of Peter pretending to be Paul! (TL;dr: Don't sweat it)
Reply 5
Hey! Im going through the exact same situation as you, I applied for my provisional but it won't arrive in time for me to enrol. I emailed my university and they told me that if you have your college student ID card (if you went to college,) then that should suffice until you get your passport and provisional back.
Original post by 999tigger
Ah ok, dont believe I did or I used something a bit crummy or birth certificate when enrolling. If he talks to them or says which uni we can look what they require and see if there are any less expensive or faster options.

Did you have to provide photo ID for when you had to collect your student ID card?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending