The Student Room Group

Greater Anglia Travel Card

I booked onto the ARU Peterborough applicant day and got sent a railcard so I can attend. It says that it must be used by the named person with a photo ID. I don't have any photo ID nor do I have any time to sort any out. I have an expired passport but that's it what do I do?
Reply 1
Check the Ts & Cs for the Railcard? Contact the organisers?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I booked onto the ARU Peterborough applicant day and got sent a railcard so I can attend. It says that it must be used by the named person with a photo ID. I don't have any photo ID nor do I have any time to sort any out. I have an expired passport but that's it what do I do?

As @Surnia suggests, check the terms and conditions for the railcard; and check with whoever it was that sent it to you.

It might be worth checking at your local station's ticket office to see if they know what type of photo ID will be accepted. You could try getting a rail photocard from your local station -- you just need a (physical) passport-size photo; there's no charge for this.
Reply 3
Original post by martin7
As @Surnia suggests, check the terms and conditions for the railcard; and check with whoever it was that sent it to you.
It might be worth checking at your local station's ticket office to see if they know what type of photo ID will be accepted. You could try getting a rail photocard from your local station -- you just need a (physical) passport-size photo; there's no charge for this.
Thanks thats very helpful
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Check the Ts & Cs for the Railcard? Contact the organisers?
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there,

I have checked with Greater Anglia and they believe a season ticket letter has been put in with the Smart Card in error.

Students don’t need photocard ID’s for daily tickets. It’s only if they go on to buy a Season ticket that they’ll need a photocard to accompany the card.

Hope this clears things up and we look forward to welcoming you at the Applicant Day soon!

Jemma
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest