The Student Room Group

Aston vs Loughborough for Comp Sci

I was wondering which of Aston and Loughborough is the better option for Computer Science.

I’ve seen that Loughborough is ranked higher. But Aston is close to home, commuting to Loughborough would take 2hr per journey via train and bus.

I can also see that Loughborough has more scholarships than Aston which would help with commuting costs.
Original post by contentgreen
I was wondering which of Aston and Loughborough is the better option for Computer Science.

I’ve seen that Loughborough is ranked higher. But Aston is close to home, commuting to Loughborough would take 2hr per journey via train and bus.

I can also see that Loughborough has more scholarships than Aston which would help with commuting costs.

Hi @contentgreen,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

In this situation, I would reflect and look back at each of the course pages and see whether one course attracts you more than the other. You could also look at more information on the departments.

I would also look at each of the locations more (as I can see that this is a big factor in your decision) and look at the town/city and campuses to see if you feel you'd enjoy one university over the other.

Finally, I would consider the social aspect of each university and look at the societies or sports teams you could join if you are interested in this or the other activities the university has for you to get involved with.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, you should choose a university where you will see yourself being most happy and where you will have the best time.

I hope this helps :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 8 months ago)
If you are set on commuting then go to the closer one. its a way more practical choice when you are faced with a 4 hour round trip. The ranking is less important than that and also make sure the Aston course gives you lots of opportunities in industry
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending