The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough university clearing

I know it’s too early to be talking about clearing but I recently got rejected from Loughborough for the computing and management undergraduate course. I was 1 grade below the entry requirements and was told that if I achieve the entry requirements, I could potentially be reconsidered during clearing. I went to the 2022 Loughborough clearing website and it said there’s no clearing vacancies available does that mean there weren’t any last year or courses have already been filled up? If it’s the courses have already been filled up, does anyone possible know if the computing and management course is usually in clearing? If there’s similar or popular courses usually available in clearing ? And how competitive is it ?
Original post by ai.Jennifer
I know it’s too early to be talking about clearing but I recently got rejected from Loughborough for the computing and management undergraduate course. I was 1 grade below the entry requirements and was told that if I achieve the entry requirements, I could potentially be reconsidered during clearing. I went to the 2022 Loughborough clearing website and it said there’s no clearing vacancies available does that mean there weren’t any last year or courses have already been filled up? If it’s the courses have already been filled up, does anyone possible know if the computing and management course is usually in clearing? If there’s similar or popular courses usually available in clearing ? And how competitive is it ?

yes the courses are filled up.....At this time it is slim that there would be clearing
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2

Hi lovely :smile:
I was studying the ITMB course at Loughborough - exact same course as computing and management (same modules and eveyrthing, except one project in final year). The course intake is quite small for this specific degree (e.g in comparison to computer science) but you share modules with so many diff degrees so the lecture halls etc are fully packed, which explains the small intake.
The spaces may be filled now but not everyone will firm Loughborough so spaces should open up. I’m sure they can accept you through clearing (depending on the reason for rejection). If you make the entry requirements on results day, I’m sure you can get in (even if you don’t, they may be more lenient on results day to offer you a place, as many are). It’s a great course but it is not easy wow, especially if you have never studied comp sci before (if you have GREAT :smile: if not, do a little bit of work on programming etc in summer if you get in!)

Best of luck :smile:

Hi @ai.Jennifer,

For further information about your question, it may be an idea to use the telephone number or email address at the bottom of this page.

If you have any other questions that I can help with in the meantime, please do let me know.

- Lindsay
Original post by evefad
Hi lovely :smile:
I was studying the ITMB course at Loughborough - exact same course as computing and management (same modules and eveyrthing, except one project in final year). The course intake is quite small for this specific degree (e.g in comparison to computer science) but you share modules with so many diff degrees so the lecture halls etc are fully packed, which explains the small intake.
The spaces may be filled now but not everyone will firm Loughborough so spaces should open up. I’m sure they can accept you through clearing (depending on the reason for rejection). If you make the entry requirements on results day, I’m sure you can get in (even if you don’t, they may be more lenient on results day to offer you a place, as many are). It’s a great course but it is not easy wow, especially if you have never studied comp sci before (if you have GREAT :smile: if not, do a little bit of work on programming etc in summer if you get in!)

Best of luck :smile:

Thank you so much this, really reassured me. What year are you currently in ? And have you met people in your course that have gone through clearing and got into computer science, information technology management etc ?

Thank you again!
Reply 5
Thank you so much this, really reassured me. What year are you currently in ? And have you met people in your course that have gone through clearing and got into computer science, information technology management etc ?

Thank you again!

I was in first year until like November but withdrew due to illness, but I have decided I won’t be returning as I didn’t really enjoy the course. Honestly I couldn’t tell you - idk if all unis do this but one thing I didn’t like about this course there was that I had like no lectures at all with just my degree like it was all mixed so we all basically knew no one on our degree course; and it’s difficult to find people in your small course when the lecture halls are filled with 100 + students, with the majority doing comp sci or variants (don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to mix with other courses but not having any modules with just my degree mates in first year was annoying because you knew barely anyone to discuss coursework or idk exams or just the course with. The course felt a bit lonely for me and when I fell behind due to missing content due to being sick, I had my two friends who offered to help but I really struggled to catch up and didn’t feel like I had enough support to continue on the course and do well in my exams which were in a few weeks after I’d just gotten better...but yeah I knew maybe 3 people properly on my course I think, but like I said you don’t always see them in full lecture halls. The pure comp sci students though were so helpful and friendly, especially with helping in programming labs since they’d done A Level Comp Sci, which I had not lol. Sorry I can’t help you with that question :frown: Loughborough is an amazing uni though, I’d recommend - I personally just didn’t think the course was right for me and was too far behind.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, anyone in need of a room in William Morris for the upcoming year? Its shared bathroom, self-catered, close to Econ department and students union. Please dm me if interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending