The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship through clearing?

Is it possible to get into a degree apprenticeship through clearing? More specifically at this late a stage and at Aston University or others around the west midlands?
Original post by aliiiiiiii.
Is it possible to get into a degree apprenticeship through clearing? More specifically at this late a stage and at Aston University or others around the west midlands?

It'll depend on the type of sector you want to go into and when employer windows open. For example I know a lot of engineering degree apprenticeships open their applications in October for the following September start - but not all will operate that model.

Have you seen a specific degree apprenticeship you're interested in, or do you know of the industry you would like to find one in?
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
It'll depend on the type of sector you want to go into and when employer windows open. For example I know a lot of engineering degree apprenticeships open their applications in October for the following September start - but not all will operate that model.

Have you seen a specific degree apprenticeship you're interested in, or do you know of the industry you would like to find one in?

I currently have an offer for a data analysis degree apprenticeship in London but was looking for anything closer to home, tbh I'm not too bothered about what it's in, whether it be comp sci, mathematical, a lab assistant, any form of engineering, etc, as long as it relates to something around that I guess.
I currently have an offer for a data analysis degree apprenticeship in London but was looking for anything closer to home, tbh I'm not too bothered about what it's in, whether it be comp sci, mathematical, a lab assistant, any form of engineering, etc, as long as it relates to something around that I guess.

You'll need to look at specific employers/apprenticeship vacancies in that area to see if any are still available. As apprenticeships are basically vacancies that provide training through a university, you wouldn't find these through Clearing - you'd need to find an employer first.

This might help and you can find specific degree ones by searching 'degree' in the search bar (it's a beta version so there doesn't appear to be a filter, as such): https://beta-careerfinder.ucas.com/search
Reply 4
Original post by brainzistheword
You'll need to look at specific employers/apprenticeship vacancies in that area to see if any are still available. As apprenticeships are basically vacancies that provide training through a university, you wouldn't find these through Clearing - you'd need to find an employer first.

This might help and you can find specific degree ones by searching 'degree' in the search bar (it's a beta version so there doesn't appear to be a filter, as such): https://beta-careerfinder.ucas.com/search

Thank you so much for the help :smile: I'll take a look !!
Thank you so much for the help :smile: I'll take a look !!

You’re very welcome :smile: good luck with your search and if you have any more questions just let me know - I’ll see if I can help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending