The Student Room Group

A levels

I want to take chemistry biology English lit and psychology for a levels and I want to get into med in the future. Is this okay for med? I’m wondering if the last two will hinder me from getting into uni.
No, they won't - as long as you've got Chem & Bio you're good to go.
But are you sure about taking 4?
For medicine, A*A*A will get you a lot further than AAAA.
Hi there,

No subjects will hinder you as long as you meet university requirements. As far as i'm aware biology and chemistry are the two needed for majority of medicine courses but if there are any specific universities you had in mind it doesn't hurt to check their course requirements.

Just be prepared when taking 4 A-levels as it can be a lot of work, especially with essay subjects. You may find you would like to let one go after your first year which is absolutely fine and will not affect your ability to get into university. They only require three grades after all.

Good luck!
- Sophie (uni of Bath)
Reply 3
Thank you for your reply! I’m taking psych for one year. My school requires me to take 4 a levels for a year and then drop one. I don’t think i could handle 4 😅
Original post by confuzzledteen
No, they won't - as long as you've got Chem & Bio you're good to go.
But are you sure about taking 4?
For medicine, A*A*A will get you a lot further than AAAA.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Thank you so much Sophie! Yes, I will be dropping one after one year. My school requires me to take 4 for the first year and then drop one after. 4 a levels is a scary concept for me😅

Quick Reply

Latest