The Student Room Group

New to Birth control

I went on birth control recently for period purposes. I had one week left on the second packet when I noticed I was bleeding brown/red fast forward it’s coming up to 4weeks/ 1 month. But this weeks gotten kinda worse it’s more red blood no more brown. I’ve been to the doctors the told me to keep taken the pill like usual. Why am I bleeding sm isn’t the pill supposed to stop periods?!
Reply 1
Birth control can take between 3 - 6 months to settle everything down for you. If you are still having concerns about bleeding then speak to your GP again.

Yes birth control will stop your periods but it takes time for this to happen. Hopefully they will start settling down for you.

Original post by Melonrage
I went on birth control recently for period purposes. I had one week left on the second packet when I noticed I was bleeding brown/red fast forward it’s coming up to 4weeks/ 1 month. But this weeks gotten kinda worse it’s more red blood no more brown. I’ve been to the doctors the told me to keep taken the pill like usual. Why am I bleeding sm isn’t the pill supposed to stop periods?!
Reply 2
What is the name of the pill, and do you take it everyday or have 3 weeks on and 1 week off?
Reply 3
I’m on rigevidon and my gp/doctor recently told me to continue my 3rd pack which had 21 tablets. I can consistently take them or have a break once a pack or every 3 months I had a lot of options. I’m just concerned about bleeding while on it but apparently it’s normal and can take 3-6 months for my body to be used to it

Quick Reply

Latest