The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Denmark Rd please!

Desperate mum, I completed my daughter’s accommodation form and put them in the wrong order!
Female
Has: Daisy Bank Silver en-suite plus
Wants: Denmark Road
Genuine offer will pay first months rent to anyone willing to swap!
Reply 1
Make sure to double check with the uni to ensure any offers are legit. There's a few scammers, so ask the uni to verify their student ID :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Desperate mum here. Completed my daughter’s accommodation form incorrectly!
Have: single en suite Daisy Park
Want: Denmark Rd
Genuine offer will pay first months rent to anyone able to swap!
Reply 3
Original post by dria.
Make sure to double check with the uni to ensure any offers are legit. There's a few scammers, so ask the uni to verify their student ID :smile:

Thanks so much…good idea. I don’t suppose you have any other ideas on how I could go about getting her another room? I am going to contact the Uni on Tuesday. I’m a bit at a loss 😞
Reply 4
Original post by Pippin1!
Thanks so much…good idea. I don’t suppose you have any other ideas on how I could go about getting her another room? I am going to contact the Uni on Tuesday. I’m a bit at a loss 😞

nope i’m in the same position! i have whitworth park but i want to swap with any accommodation with an self catered en-suite.

Apparently around October, when a few people drop out, there should be spaces for your desired accommodation so you can try again then.
Reply 5
Original post by dria.
nope i’m in the same position! i have whitworth park but i want to swap with any accommodation with an self catered en-suite.

Apparently around October, when a few people drop out, there should be spaces for your desired accommodation so you can try again then.

Thanks so much for your reply. Have you contacted the University are they able to help?
Reply 6
Thanks so much for your reply.
Have you contacted the University are they able to help?
Desperate mum here. Completed my daughter’s accommodation form incorrectly!
Have: single en suite Daisy Park
Want: Denmark Rd
Genuine offer will pay first months rent to anyone able to swap!

Just curious, is there a reason that your daughter didn't complete the accommodation form herself?
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
Just curious, is there a reason that your daughter didn't complete the accommodation form herself?

She was abroad at the time with poor wifi and the accommodation portal was an absolute nightmare so it was a rushed job before the portal threw me out (for the hundredth time)!
She was abroad at the time with poor wifi and the accommodation portal was an absolute nightmare so it was a rushed job before the portal threw me out (for the hundredth time)!

Then I think your daughter should be really appreciative that you had the time and patience to do the application for her!
What's wrong with Daisy Park? Is it too expensive?
Desperate mum, I completed my daughter’s accommodation form and put them in the wrong order!
Female
Has: Daisy Bank Silver en-suite plus
Wants: Denmark Road
Genuine offer will pay first months rent to anyone willing to swap!

Just saying Manchester doesn't actually look at the order they just see the 5 choices and choose from that. But good luck regardless
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Just saying Manchester doesn't actually look at the order they just see the 5 choices and choose from that. But good luck regardless

That makes me feel better! Thank you 🙏
Reply 12
Original post by 04MR17
Then I think your daughter should be really appreciative that you had the time and patience to do the application for her!
What's wrong with Daisy Park? Is it too expensive?

She is really appreciative and Daisy Bank is lovely but her friends are in Denmark Road and it would make the whole Uni experience easier and happier for her..
She is really appreciative and Daisy Bank is lovely but her friends are in Denmark Road and it would make the whole Uni experience easier and happier for her..
Not worth it. For your daughters sake and yours, trust me, this isn't a reason to switch. Friends can have her round any time they like, and being away from them can give her some more confidence and push her outside of her comfort zone - which Denmark Rd would keep her in. Going away to uni means you learn just as much about yourself as you do on your course. She'll do that more away from her existing friends and find her own feet a bit more. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending