The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Denmark road manchester 2023/24

hi!! just got my accommodation offer for denmark road (07.25.F) and i’m looking for other people who will be living there next year :smile:
Reply 1
Hey! That's amazing news, denmark rd was one of my first choices! I've got an unconditional offer for biosciences, so fingers crossed I hear back soon too! If you don't mind me asking, which degree are you going to study?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by foxtm
Hey! That's amazing news, denmark rd was one of my first choices! I've got an unconditional offer for biosciences, so fingers crossed I hear back soon too! If you don't mind me asking, which degree are you going to study?

unconditional for liberal arts!! that’s amazing, congratulations on your offer!! I’m not sure if I’ve heard back earlier than normal because I applied with medical needs but it definitely feels like a weight lifted, I hope you hear back soon :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by amybower
unconditional for liberal arts!! that’s amazing, congratulations on your offer!! I’m not sure if I’ve heard back earlier than normal because I applied with medical needs but it definitely feels like a weight lifted, I hope you hear back soon :smile:

Congrats to you too! I saw a couple other people on my course get offered accom today too, so looks like they're starting to get back to everyone slowly. It's so strange though, I'm transferring from a uni where they guaranteed accom, and arranged it for us, for the duration of our degree, so it'll be a little jarring after 1st yr. Not to mention repeating freshers too haha.
Reply 4
Original post by foxtm
Congrats to you too! I saw a couple other people on my course get offered accom today too, so looks like they're starting to get back to everyone slowly. It's so strange though, I'm transferring from a uni where they guaranteed accom, and arranged it for us, for the duration of our degree, so it'll be a little jarring after 1st yr. Not to mention repeating freshers too haha.

so so weird my old uni was the same!! where were you before? i dropped out of oxford in the first week lol (breakdown but also i realised i didn’t actually like my course at all haha!)
Reply 5
so so weird my old uni was the same!! where were you before? i dropped out of oxford in the first week lol (breakdown but also i realised i didn’t actually like my course at all haha!)

You’re joking! I left oxford too! I finished at the end of hilary term this yr after absolutely hating the complete utter disorganised teaching/timetabling in my department. So glad to see I’m not the only one who didn’t suit the uni haha.
Reply 6
Original post by foxtm
You’re joking! I left oxford too! I finished at the end of hilary term this yr after absolutely hating the complete utter disorganised teaching/timetabling in my department. So glad to see I’m not the only one who didn’t suit the uni haha.

omg oxford dropouts UNITE !! it's the most insane place in the world i met some Genuinely lovely people (i was at st anne's so I think there were more slightly normal people there than most colleges) but this girl literally asked me if i've ever been skiing on the first day........

i'd always considered myself a fairly comfortably middle class person (but northern, lower end state educated, just had friends on fsm etc but i wasn't) but then when i got there i was like OH
Reply 7
hi!! just got my accommodation offer for denmark road (07.25.F) and i’m looking for other people who will be living there next year :smile:

Congratulations. I'm hoping to get Denmark Road as well. It's actually pretty good and so close to the city centre
Reply 8
Denmark Road is really nice. In case if you know any post graduate female student who has been allocated George Kenyon Hall or Denmark Road but won’t be taking university accommodation, please let me know
Reply 9
omg oxford dropouts UNITE !! it's the most insane place in the world i met some Genuinely lovely people (i was at st anne's so I think there were more slightly normal people there than most colleges) but this girl literally asked me if i've ever been skiing on the first day........

i'd always considered myself a fairly comfortably middle class person (but northern, lower end state educated, just had friends on fsm etc but i wasn't) but then when i got there i was like OH

Ahh I feel so seen with this. On my first evening, my neighbour was talking about some 'bad' foie gras he'd recently had and, after discovering I lived close to the sea, decided to ask me if I preferred fresh fish roe or canned... like I've ever had either to be able to compare them?? Not to mention the insane number of conversations about months-long inter-railing trips that took place in the jcr on the first evening. I haven't been abroad for 4 years haha.

how did you get an accommodation offer so soon? I thought they were all given out in August??!
Reply 11
Original post by Aryamehr19212
how did you get an accommodation offer so soon? I thought they were all given out in August??!

hey!! i put in my application pretty much as soon as i got my offer, and i got an unconditional offer in november cause i sat my exams last year so idk if that makes a difference haha
hey!! i put in my application pretty much as soon as i got my offer, and i got an unconditional offer in november cause i sat my exams last year so idk if that makes a difference haha

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I also have an unconditional because I sat last year but med applicants were told that they would receive accommodation in August.

I think this is because we have a couple of checks such as our DBS and health questionnaires which only came back recently. My offer was made unconditional only last week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending