The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester accommodation help

I’m applying for accommodation at UoM but I’m finding it difficult to decide on a couple of the halls. So far I’ve put down:
Unsworth
Sheavyn
Richmond
These 3 I’m totally happy with, it’s just the last 2 choices which I’m struggling with! Ik you have to put down 5 but I really don’t know what to put. I’m considering these:
Burkhardt
Denmark Rd
Whitworth
Canterbury court
My main worry is that if I got allocated any of those, would it be sociable enough? Has anyone got experience with these halls?

My ideal scenario would be somewhere which is self catered & en suite, and sociable. Not bothered about the price. I don’t mind if it’s not crazy parties every night, in fact I’d rather it be not THAT crazy (like what I’ve heard about Owens park or oak house!) but I don’t want to find a flat full of people who won’t go out ever. I’ve seen online that a few of the halls I’ve considered above in Victoria or City campus are ‘antisocial, dead atmosphere, filled with nerdy students or international students who would rather study than go out’. Is this true or just an unfair stereotype??

Any advice on where to apply for my last 2 choices would also be massively appreciated! Cheers :>
Reply 1
Bump
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous
I’m applying for accommodation at UoM but I’m finding it difficult to decide on a couple of the halls. So far I’ve put down:
Unsworth
Sheavyn
Richmond
These 3 I’m totally happy with, it’s just the last 2 choices which I’m struggling with! Ik you have to put down 5 but I really don’t know what to put. I’m considering these:
Burkhardt
Denmark Rd
Whitworth
Canterbury court
My main worry is that if I got allocated any of those, would it be sociable enough? Has anyone got experience with these halls?

My ideal scenario would be somewhere which is self catered & en suite, and sociable. Not bothered about the price. I don’t mind if it’s not crazy parties every night, in fact I’d rather it be not THAT crazy (like what I’ve heard about Owens park or oak house!) but I don’t want to find a flat full of people who won’t go out ever. I’ve seen online that a few of the halls I’ve considered above in Victoria or City campus are ‘antisocial, dead atmosphere, filled with nerdy students or international students who would rather study than go out’. Is this true or just an unfair stereotype??

Any advice on where to apply for my last 2 choices would also be massively appreciated! Cheers :>

hi! what did you end up choosing? and how have u found it? I'm in the same scenario now, thinking of going for the same accommodation halls!
Reply 3
whitworth is pretty grim but its the most social accom (and probably the largest) outside of Fallowfield. Denmark road is nice but from what I've heard it tends to fit the stereotype you've mentioned. The other two are irrelevant.
Original post by sophieyeah101
hi! what did you end up choosing? and how have u found it? I'm in the same scenario now, thinking of going for the same accommodation halls!

hey i’m looking at the same too but I applied months ago and still haven’t heard back, have you heard back yet?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending