The Student Room Group

Dentistry applications

Hi
I’m not sure if this thread is for medicine or dentistry but it’s the only one I can find.
Can someone clarify my understanding please?
The UCAT is used to decide who does/does not get an interview, hence everyone on this thread is in direct competition? (sometimes along side GCSE PS etc)
So, the higher the UCAT score the better placed you will be?
Each year the top two deciles increase slightly. But overall it is fairly stable.
However, this year I’m only seeing posts of 2900 plus?
Based on this thread a score of 2750, which in the past would be a good score, top 15%, would have a very minimal chance of an interview for dentistry? Because if these 3000 plus scores are the norm the average this year would be significantly higher than other years?
Idk if I’m missing something???
My child’s scores didn’t fall below 2900 in any mocks, 3090 on the first one, and we used medentry and medify plus the official UCAT ones, but on the day scored 2790 B2.
All I’m seeing on student room is people scoring 200 plus better than all their mocks, getting in top 10%, which for us was the complete opposite.
Can anyone offer any advice as I’m now not only confused but worried
Reply 1
Original post by Jetjo123
Hi
I’m not sure if this thread is for medicine or dentistry but it’s the only one I can find.
Can someone clarify my understanding please?
The UCAT is used to decide who does/does not get an interview, hence everyone on this thread is in direct competition? (sometimes along side GCSE PS etc)
So, the higher the UCAT score the better placed you will be?
Each year the top two deciles increase slightly. But overall it is fairly stable.
However, this year I’m only seeing posts of 2900 plus?
Based on this thread a score of 2750, which in the past would be a good score, top 15%, would have a very minimal chance of an interview for dentistry? Because if these 3000 plus scores are the norm the average this year would be significantly higher than other years?
Idk if I’m missing something???
My child’s scores didn’t fall below 2900 in any mocks, 3090 on the first one, and we used medentry and medify plus the official UCAT ones, but on the day scored 2790 B2.
All I’m seeing on student room is people scoring 200 plus better than all their mocks, getting in top 10%, which for us was the complete opposite.
Can anyone offer any advice as I’m now not only confused but worried

You are in the medicine forum, try here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194
Reply 2
Original post by GANFYD
You are in the medicine forum, try here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194

Thank you so much. Can I just say my eldest child benefitted a lot from all your advice 2 years ago applying for medicine. I am very grateful to you for all the time you spend on here helping. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending