The Student Room Group

Dentistry Requirements

Hey guys,

So i'm starting year 12 soon and i'm going to study A-level biology, chemistry and psychology because I want to study dentistry. At GCSE I achieved 4 8's and rests 7's, so do you think these GCSE's are solid and good to apply with (I really want to apply to KCL), and if you have any advice for the subjects and how to study please lmk :smile:)))
hi those gcses are good but KCL looks at applications more holistically, this means that they really take into consideration gcses and UCAT, you more likely going to competing against people who have all 9/8s - you can still apply to KCL this just means that you should definitely work hard on your UCAT when the time comes.

please lmk if you have any questions!
Reply 2
Original post by jennaa21
hi those gcses are good but KCL looks at applications more holistically, this means that they really take into consideration gcses and UCAT, you more likely going to competing against people who have all 9/8s - you can still apply to KCL this just means that you should definitely work hard on your UCAT when the time comes.

please lmk if you have any questions!

Tysm for the reply!

Generally for other dentistry schools are they still okay? And do you think I may have a better chance apply to Queen Mary's?
Original post by OhIt'sJustMe
Tysm for the reply!

Generally for other dentistry schools are they still okay? And do you think I may have a better chance apply to Queen Mary's?

hi yes all other unis are good to apply to, qmul is also great! don't set your sights on london though, the social life is good but moving out to the north for example gives you new experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest