The Student Room Group

Which 'top' universities accept BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care

I recently got my GCSE results and decided I will be doing BTEC Health & Social Care at a sixth form and would like to have a goal to work towards. Are there any universities which will accept this BTEC? Ideally London ones, I'm talking UCL, Kings etc.

I am aware University of Birmingham and Queen Mary accepts it
Original post by anon12349323
I recently got my GCSE results and decided I will be doing BTEC Health & Social Care at a sixth form and would like to have a goal to work towards. Are there any universities which will accept this BTEC? Ideally London ones, I'm talking UCL, Kings etc.

Do you live in london? As long as a course doesn't specify a specific subject, you will be fine. (Ignore this, I am wrong)
(edited 8 months ago)

some London universities dont accept BTECs at all. Others only for certain subjects. You need to check each university's entrance requirements to find out.
Reply 3
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Do you live in london? As long as a course doesn't specify a specific subject, you will be fine.

yes
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
some London universities dont accept BTECs at all. Others only for certain subjects. You need to check each university's entrance requirements to find out.

UCL accept it for a few degrees, and Kings only does for midwifery and nursing. To my surprise, it doesnt seem that QM accepts it.
Are you aware of any other unis?
(edited 8 months ago)
UCL accept it for a few degrees, and Kings only does for midwifery and nursing. To my surprise, it doesnt seem that QM accepts it.
Are you aware of any other unis?

I dont think LSE do or Imperial but you would need to check. Possibly Warwick or Durham. Most others do but might not accept Health and Social. The most common BTECs accepted are business and Applied Science but you will need to check with each individual university
Bristol accept it for most courses. Again check to make sure. They dont accept the likes of Travel and Tourism and Public Serrvice.

Applied Generals
Where we have a course with no specified A-level subject requirements we can accept any Applied General BTEC title as follows.

BTEC Level 3 National (RQF) Extended Diploma in:

Applied Law 601/9043/7
Applied Science 601/7437/7
Arts and Design 601/7229/0
Business 601/7160/1
Computing 601/7342/7
Creative Digital Media Production 601/7469/9
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship 603/0303/7
Forensic and Criminal Investigation 603/0247/1
Health and Social Care 601/7198/4
Information Technology 603/0454/6
Performing Arts 601/7234/4
Sport 603/0459/5
Sport and Exercise Science 601/7422/5
Reply 8
Original post by BankaiGintoki
As long as a course doesn't specify a specific subject, you will be fine.

Please don't just give out 'advice' like this when actually you dont know what you are talking about.

ALL courses at all Unis will have specific entry requirements - both the type of qualifications and the subjects/grades required.
Many top Unis will not accept BTEC Extended Diplomas without additional A levels, and many exclude them entirely for particular degree subjects. ALWAYS check with the Un if it is not clear from the course page on their website.
Reply 9
I dont think LSE do or Imperial but you would need to check. Possibly Warwick or Durham. Most others do but might not accept Health and Social. The most common BTECs accepted are business and Applied Science but you will need to check with each individual university

LSE does actually, but I'd need to sit their UG Admission test, which is essentially maths a-level
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 10
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 11

my exact same conclusion - a lot of unis do accept BTEC but not health & social care
LSE does (i would assume for bsc sociology), UCL does, Kings does (but not for sociology, only for nursing & midwifery)
then I would assume city / brunel do but i wouldnt wanna go there for theoritical degrees, only nursing / midwifery
its making me slightly worried to bet that I'd get into UCL or just do nursing / midwifery

my sixth form does offer business but I wouldnt wanna do busniess management degree or a degree in marekitng etc. would rather do finance or economics but london unis dont accept a btec business for it

and my sixth form doesnt do applied sciences btec, but thats ok as I dont see myself doing a sceince degree, thats too complicated
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 12
Bristol accept it for most courses. Again check to make sure. They dont accept the likes of Travel and Tourism and Public Serrvice.

Applied Generals
Where we have a course with no specified A-level subject requirements we can accept any Applied General BTEC title as follows.

BTEC Level 3 National (RQF) Extended Diploma in:

Applied Law 601/9043/7
Applied Science 601/7437/7
Arts and Design 601/7229/0
Business 601/7160/1
Computing 601/7342/7
Creative Digital Media Production 601/7469/9
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship 603/0303/7
Forensic and Criminal Investigation 603/0247/1
Health and Social Care 601/7198/4
Information Technology 603/0454/6
Performing Arts 601/7234/4
Sport 603/0459/5
Sport and Exercise Science 601/7422/5

thanks man

so thats bristol, LSE, UCL, Kings. anymore?

if i was to do a theortical degree like socilogy or psychology
id probably do: UCL, LSE, brunel, bristol and a easy one

if i was to do nursing / midwifery, id probably do:
kings, city etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending