The Student Room Group

advice for staying organised in year 13

hello, i am about to start year 13 and i need tips/advice about staying organised with work and studying! thanks :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
IMG_5237.jpeg
https://www.evamonkey.com/writings/myer-sarah-i-musnt-run-away.php
Forgive me for the lack of words. Now actual advice…
You will be doing your personal statement, interviews, entrance exams, mock exams (November, January, March), learning new content. You yourself have to revise year 12 content… it is a lot. It will be stressful. You will have to link your knowledge together. Understanding is the most important thing - when I was at sixth form, we start 8:30, finish 3:10, but teachers could be accessed till 4:30, one teacher stayed till 6:00… some make full use of them.
Reply 2
The way I stayed organised this year is dedicating an hour or so to each of my subjects every night, or every other night. This allowed me to stay on top of my notes and homework so when it came to mock and exam revision, I wasn't doing all my notes all at once. If you have frees in your timetable, make the most of them too for your revision or university application. Do not put off your personal statement till last minute either. It took me a couple drafts to get mine right before sending my application off, and you don't want this to weaken your application. :smile:
Original post by megpar
The way I stayed organised this year is dedicating an hour or so to each of my subjects every night, or every other night. This allowed me to stay on top of my notes and homework so when it came to mock and exam revision, I wasn't doing all my notes all at once. If you have frees in your timetable, make the most of them too for your revision or university application. Do not put off your personal statement till last minute either. It took me a couple drafts to get mine right before sending my application off, and you don't want this to weaken your application. :smile:

thank you so so much <3

Quick Reply

Latest