The Student Room Group

Firm and second choice

Hi
My firm choice accepted me but unfortunately due to several reasons I can’t go there, and need to go to my second choice which disappeared after getting accepted at my firm. What should I do? The problem is that my second choice uni isn’t in clearing anymore. should I ring them up? Or what should I do?
Original post by Luluuuuu
Hi
My firm choice accepted me but unfortunately due to several reasons I can’t go there, and need to go to my second choice which disappeared after getting accepted at my firm. What should I do? The problem is that my second choice uni isn’t in clearing anymore. should I ring them up? Or what should I do?

You could ring them up and ask if they can squeeze you in, but they are unlikely to be able to do so. They reallocated you place once your firm confirmed your place there.

You are likely to have to find a place at a different uni via Clearing. Alternatively, you could take a gap year and apply again for entry next year. (When you speak to your insurance choice, you could ask about the likelihood of them extending an offer to you again for next year.)

Is there absolutely no way you can attend your firm choice?

Do you think your situation will have changed by this time next year? If so, you could call you firm and ask them to defer your place until next year. They may say no, but you can ask.
Reply 2
Its probably far too late now and you best option os to either defer your Firm place to 2024, or drop it, take a gap year and reapply in the autumn for 2024 entry at another University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending