The Student Room Group

A level Bio

Hi. I got an email from my bio teacher saying I was 1 mark off the next grade boundary. I got a D and 1 mark off a C. Wondering if I should get a remark. I think on the OCR website it says a remark is £57.50 but I don't know which paper to get remarked, and don't know whether or not to get it remarked, as I already have an unconditional place at uni next year. If I retake, is it just a pride-related thing and completely useless as I am already able to access my next step or do you think I should get a remark and probably get a C?
Reply 1
Original post by Naomih05
Hi. I got an email from my bio teacher saying I was 1 mark off the next grade boundary. I got a D and 1 mark off a C. Wondering if I should get a remark. I think on the OCR website it says a remark is £57.50 but I don't know which paper to get remarked, and don't know whether or not to get it remarked, as I already have an unconditional place at uni next year. If I retake, is it just a pride-related thing and completely useless as I am already able to access my next step or do you think I should get a remark and probably get a C?

I'm not sure for all exam boards but I know that some do give the money back if a remark results in a change in overall grade. However, even being just one mark off doesn't guarantee it will definitely go up, it could still go down, it very much all depends. Could you gain anything else, any other places if you had a C rather than a D? If you're really happy with the place you've got an unconditional offer for, then I wouldn't see why you'd need to, unless it would really make you feel better to potentially have a C rather than a D. Ultimately, it's your decision, but little mistakes in marking like having one less mark can happen all the time and nobody else on your course or around you would even know you didn't technically get a C unless you tell them :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest