The Student Room Group

A Levels

What should I pick for my a levels if I want to become a pharmacist but could switch to accountancy have to pick 4 a levels my college said and here are my gcse grades btw:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
Original post by aryc_30
What should I pick for my a levels if I want to become a pharmacist but could switch to accountancy have to pick 4 a levels my college said and here are my gcse grades btw:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)

I think definitely chemistry and other science / maths subjects but pick what you enjoy and think would be best at
Reply 2
Yeah so what 4 a levels do you think I should pick?
Reply 3
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Business
You need Bio and Chem for most pharmacy schools
Business is one of your stengths and it can act as your "Chill" subject - acts as a free A level
and Maths because you are good at it but also its seen as a good a level for accountancy
Provides you with the skills you need to do well
If you need any help with Bio Chem maths - more than happy to help if you wantany help just pm me
Good Luck
Reply 4
Should I pick business over economics???everyone that I told said I should pick economics over it but I got a grade 8 in business so rn I am picking business what do you think by the way also people saying I should pick psychology instead of maths because I got a grade 6 and apparently is way harder and different a a level so I’m defo picking chemistry and bio but need to think about maths and business can you help best person I’ve gone to so far about this???

Original post by 670351
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Business
You need Bio and Chem for most pharmacy schools
Business is one of your stengths and it can act as your "Chill" subject - acts as a free A level
and Maths because you are good at it but also its seen as a good a level for accountancy
Provides you with the skills you need to do well
If you need any help with Bio Chem maths - more than happy to help if you wantany help just pm me
Good Luck
Reply 5
So at the start of this year i was doing Bio chem Maths and Psych
In the nicest way possible to those who do Psych
I absolutely hated it ! Ienjoyed the content but hated it maybe because of the teacher constantly putting me down
But i dropped it in the end and now i do Bio chem maths and history best choice i made
History is my " free a level" if you want to call it that
I dont need to necessarily put as much work into what i may need to for biology ( conten heavy ) or chemistry ( i have a bad teacher but also very hard compared to the likes of business for example)
Economics looks better than Business on UCAS but it depends what you think after the first lesson
See of your college will let you do 5 at the satrt and then drop out of business or economics?
Reply 6
Should I pick Business than because is my strength grade 8 and chem,bio and maths

Original post by 670351
So at the start of this year i was doing Bio chem Maths and Psych
In the nicest way possible to those who do Psych
I absolutely hated it ! Ienjoyed the content but hated it maybe because of the teacher constantly putting me down
But i dropped it in the end and now i do Bio chem maths and history best choice i made
History is my " free a level" if you want to call it that
I dont need to necessarily put as much work into what i may need to for biology ( conten heavy ) or chemistry ( i have a bad teacher but also very hard compared to the likes of business for example)
Economics looks better than Business on UCAS but it depends what you think after the first lesson
See of your college will let you do 5 at the satrt and then drop out of business or economics?
Reply 7
yh i think thats a good idea
Again any help just pm me
(but depends on exam boards)
Reply 8
But what 4 a levels what you do if you were in my situation wanna become a pharmacist but could switch to accounting therefore, what should I pick I need like atleast 2 subjects that is related to pharmacy and 2 related to accounting???

Original post by 670351
yh i think thats a good idea
Again any help just pm me
(but depends on exam boards)
Reply 9
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Business
Reply 10
Pharmacy needs mainly chem and one other science so you are covering your back by doing bio an dmath

Business and maths related to accounting

so do the ones above
Original post by 670351
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Business

Quick Reply

Latest