University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Official University of Southampton Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hello,

[start]Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋[/start]
Congratulations to all who have received their offers so far! Very glad to answer any questions you might have about the university and the city.

Don’t hesitate to reach out!

[start]Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)[/start]
[start]https://www.southampton.ac.uk[/start]

Just got an offer for Chemisal Engineering 3As. I am so happy
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by medic0975

Hi 😊.

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Southampton for 2024.

Meet and chat to other applicants applying here.

Here are some icebreaker questions, but feel free to ask whatever you want regarding Southampton.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Southampton do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Southampton specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

The general website for the university can be found here.

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

1) Psychology A*, Biology B, Chemistry B
2) Psychology
The grade requirements are A, A, A what are my chances of getting accepted into Southampton for psychology?
Reply 62
Original post by JustBenjamin
oo, Just got an unconditional offer for Electronic Engineering which is pretty exciting, as I have heard that it is one of if not the best UK uni for undergrad digital design and such.
Only one thing that worries me, for some reason the offer window doesn't say anything, its well blank and I am not sure if my fee status is home or international, any idea is this is supposed to be blank or is an error?

What were your A-Levels and Grades / Predicted grades? I’ve applied to the same course, but I’ve heard nothing so far.
Original post by toby695
What were your A-Levels and Grades / Predicted grades? I’ve applied to the same course, but I’ve heard nothing so far.

My a level grades were AAB and predicted for resits A*A*A (some extenuating circumstances but soton considered me as contextual thus the AAB was enough without retakes)
Reply 64
My a level grades were AAB and predicted for resits A*A*A (some extenuating circumstances but soton considered me as contextual thus the AAB was enough without retakes)

Wow. I’m also retaking maths and physics - BC before retake, predicted AA after. Why did you decide to retake if you had AAB , just interested. I’ve applied to Birmingham, Sheffield etc. which all accept AAB for the Electronic + Electircal eng courses. Also are you just doing online tutoring or going back to a college / sixth form? Congrats on your offer tho!
Original post by onesie17
Hi, I applied on 11 Dec but heard nothing yet. Anyone else got an offer for Comp Sci from Southampton yet?

hey, I'm still waiting on a computer science offer as well. Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by toby695
Wow. I’m also retaking maths and physics - BC before retake, predicted AA after. Why did you decide to retake if you had AAB , just interested. I’ve applied to Birmingham, Sheffield etc. which all accept AAB for the Electronic + Electircal eng courses. Also are you just doing online tutoring or going back to a college / sixth form? Congrats on your offer tho!

I decided to retake to apply to Cambridge (somehow got an offer) learning on my on but if I can’t manage I will probably look for online tutoring not to miss the Cambridge offer.
Also thanks and good luck hope you’ll get an offer
(edited 2 months ago)
got an offer for Computer Science BSc today! (predicted A*AA)
Original post by cordilily
Got my conditional offer early novemebr for Biomedical Engineering!

Me too, in January. I am thinking if Biomed Engg or BioTechnology in another university is good for me?
Reply 69
Original post by Gimmeoffers
Me too, in January. I am thinking if Biomed Engg or BioTechnology in another university is good for me?

Umm I think UCAS deadline for equal consideration was 31st January but I have applied to Imperial (offer), Kings, UCL and Cambridge (rejection)
Reply 70
Original post by Stuaccount122
I do not recommend Southampton uni
Why?
Anyone going to the offer holder day tommorow?
Reply 72
Yup!
Reply 73
No, haven’t even had an offer yet 🫠
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Submitted my MA Creative Writing application the other day - completed my undergrad at Soton so hoping to come back!
Just got my offer through today! <3
I applied to MSc in marketing analytics. The school took approximately 15 days to reply. It was fast and the school made me indecisive as hell since they offered me a scholarship while UoM (my firm choice) didn’t. But long story short, I will be studying at Soton this September 🤣
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by smnycrystal
I applied to MSc in marketing analytics. The school took approximately 15 days to reply. It was fast and the school made me indecisive as hell since they offered me a scholarship while UoM (my firm choice) didn’t. But long story short, I will be studying at Soton this September 🤣
Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
Congratulations on your offer! Its wonderful you’ll be coming to Southampton 🤩
Don’t hesitate if you have any questions

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk
Original post by medic0975

Hi 😊.

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Southampton for 2024.

Meet and chat to other applicants applying here.

Here are some icebreaker questions, but feel free to ask whatever you want regarding Southampton.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Southampton do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Southampton specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

The general website for the university can be found here.

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.
@medic0975 @Uni of Southampton Students has an offer holder thread been created? happy to make one :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
Congratulations on your offer! Its wonderful you’ll be coming to Southampton 🤩
Don’t hesitate if you have any questions

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk
Hi
has anyone got offers for M.lang and which accomodation do they wish for
?
Hey, has anyone gotten an offer for B.Eng in mechanical engineering?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending