The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Application put on hold???

So I applied for a masters at Southampton and was emailed this afternoon to be told that my application has been put On Hold?
I fulfill the grade requirement (2:1) and sent in the work samples they asked for, including the additional CV.

Does anyone know what this means? Am I basically waiting for a rejection now?
Hey!

I understand that receiving news that your application has been put on hold can be a bit confusing and potentially concerning. Application on hold doesn't mean that you are soon going to be rejected. There could be various reasons for this, such as the need for further review, waiting on additional documentation, or even waiting for responses from other applicants to assess the overall pool. Personally, during my application process, in one of the universities I applied to in UK, I was initially put to a waiting list, and was provided an offer in the last round of admissions. To get more clarity, you can also talk to the admissions office directly, asking about the status of your application and if they need any additional information from your side. Lastly, I would advise you to not worry, and be positive about your outcome!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending