The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

How many students share kitchen/toilets in Southampton uni halls?

How many students share kitchens/toilets in Southampton uni halls?
Specifically looking at Glen Erye and Wessex Lane for shared and/or en-suit
Both glen eyre and wessex lane have about 2,000 rooms in a variety of different halls and flat configurations.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by alexs2005

Hi,

I stayed in Glen Eyre during my first year, and opted for the en-suite. In my flat there were 6 students (including myself), which was really manageable in terms of sharing a kitchen. I had friends that went for the shared bathroom option and again there were 6 students but there were two bathrooms, so if split evenly it would be three to each bathroom.

I would, however, recommend popping this question over to the Southampton accommodation team as they will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up to date information! I will put their contact information below:

Email: [email protected]
Phone number: +44 (0)23 80 595959

I hope this has been helpful!

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:
Reply 3
Original post by alexs2005

Depends on the halls. I was in Chamberlain which have 7-10 people in a flat. Chamberlain in en-suit. 7 is an accessible flat. 8 or 10 for other flats. The actual halls within glen or Wessex is what matters for size. If you have disability that means you need a smaller flat I'd contact the uni. If not it's kinda luck
Original post by smurg001
Depends on the halls. I was in Chamberlain which have 7-10 people in a flat. Chamberlain in en-suit. 7 is an accessible flat. 8 or 10 for other flats. The actual halls within glen or Wessex is what matters for size. If you have disability that means you need a smaller flat I'd contact the uni. If not it's kinda luck

Do you know how many accessible rooms there are in a flat. Is it just one or do they have a couple given the the kitchens are adapted?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Do you know how many accessible rooms there are in a flat. Is it just one or do they have a couple given the the kitchens are adapted?

Just one which is stupid.
Reply 6
For other people ( as it’s to late for Anonymous 1)
In my flat at South Hill there are two accessible rooms automatic doors ( one with hoist and one without) and a another room that is classified as accessible as it has more space but fewer physical adaptations (each room comes with a clicker open all doors in the flat apart from the kitchen has its own separate button) And everyone is given a tag, that opens the common room door. Each lodge (3 in total)has two flats on the ground floor please note, there is no lift. This does not include Chamberlain (another set of flats).
Southampton if you request you accessible rooms summer. However, the date is usually after the deadline for choosing accommodation so they give you the best building they can to apply to
For reference I went through this process last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending