The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Haven’t received a decision from University of Southampton 2024

Hey everyone that’s reading this, if you’ve gotten an offer/decision from Southampton, when did you get it and how long after you applied did it come? I applied 13th December and currently haven’t heard anything from them except for the standard “we’ve received your application” email. If it helps I applied for Computer Science and Cybersecurity (MEng)
I applied (for law) at the beginning of January and heard back on the 30th of Jan with my offer. I think it will depend on the course and if they wait till the ucas deadline before sending back offers xx
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hotbrownie1
Hey everyone that’s reading this, if you’ve gotten an offer/decision from Southampton, when did you get it and how long after you applied did it come? I applied 13th December and currently haven’t heard anything from them except for the standard “we’ve received your application” email. If it helps I applied for Computer Science and Cybersecurity (MEng)

I applied for BENG Electrical and Electronic Engineering and received an offer on the 1st of Feb (I applied around the 13th of December too), I would recommend contacting the university if you are unsure about the status of your application.
(edited 2 months ago)

Hi @hotbrownie1

It's great that you have applied to Southampton. Computer Science is a very popular degree, particullarly if you want the MEng version. As a result, it will take a while for our admissions team to go through all the applications for the course and assess who to give a place to. Please bear with them while this process is happening.

Hope you application is successful
Matthew
Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi @hotbrownie1

It's great that you have applied to Southampton. Computer Science is a very popular degree, particullarly if you want the MEng version. As a result, it will take a while for our admissions team to go through all the applications for the course and assess who to give a place to. Please bear with them while this process is happening.

Hope you application is successful
Matthew
Student Ambassador
Thank you for your response, is it possible for you to give a rough estimate of how long the process takes, maybe for this degree or for any popular degree? I’m only asking as it’s now March and on the website it said it should take between 2-6 weeks for them to get back :smile:
Reply 5
Hi I applied last year and received a decision around April for MChem however you should at the very latest have a decision by may as you have to pick firm and insurance choice at the beginning of June ( you will receive a reminder email)
Reply 6

Hiya

I applied in early November and got my offer in Mid December for CS MEng. I would think they do try to get most done by 6 weeks, so I think you would receive an offer soon. Just try and hold out; the wait can be agonising and I can relate as was waiting on the rest of my decisions until very recently.

Good luck!
Applied for MA Creative Writing first week of January and heard back first week of March - so about 8 weeks for me!

Hopefully you hear soon (IIRC they closed up for the winter break around the time you applied so they might have taken a little longer, but don't hold me to that!)
Reply 8
Original post by A_K06
I applied for BENG Electrical and Electronic Engineering and received an offer on the 1st of Feb (I applied around the 13th of December too), I would recommend contacting the university if you are unsure about the status of your application.

What offer did you receive and what A-Levels are you doing? I got my offer on March 13th and I’m curious what other people’s offers were. Mines AAB with AA in physics + Maths and B in economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending