The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Heriot Watt University or Cardiff Metropolitan University

Which university will be better for mr to choose between these two for MSc Economics Banking and Finance. Heriot has good ranking but Cardiff is slightly lower on the fees has more scholarships?
Original post by Anonymous
Which university will be better for mr to choose between these two for MSc Economics Banking and Finance. Heriot has good ranking but Cardiff is slightly lower on the fees has more scholarships?

Hi there,

Choosing university is always difficult. However, Cardiff Met Admissions is here to help.

We would suggest you look at our course descriptions here and see if you are interested in it: MSc Banking & Finance Masters Degree Course - Cardiff Metropolitan University and MSc Economics & Finance Masters Degree Course - Cardiff Metropolitan University.

If you have any questions, you can contact the programme director Chang Liu via [email protected] and they will be able answer some course specific enquiries you may have.

We do have some scholarships available. You can have a look here: Bursaries & Scholarships Home (cardiffmet.ac.uk).

for general enquiries you can contact us via [email protected].

Cardiff Met Admissions. 😁
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi!

With choosing the right university it can be really tough as it's so different for each person. I'd recommend looking at the course curriculum, location of the university, how much support you get with regards to careers help and if you can make it to an open day those really help too!

For your courses curriculum at Heriot-Watt I'll link it here incase you do want to have a look: https://curriculum.hw.ac.uk/programmedetails/C21A-EBF?termcode=202324 (this is last years curriculum so may be subject to slight change but it's written here in more detail then the general one on the website)

As for fees we do offer many scholarships and bursaries which you can have a look at here: https://www.hw.ac.uk/study/fees/scholarships/postgraduate-scholarships.htm

Personally I chose Heriot-Watt because of my course being so inline with what I wanted to study, our amazing careers service and the campus being really close to Edinburgh city center (30mins on the bus to get right to the heart of Edinburgh) but while your on campus it feels like you're in the country side, it's so peaceful and serene. If you want to know more about the student experience please feel free to ask me any questions. However, if you want more course details or more information about scholarships you can also email [email protected] and they'll be very happy to answer your questions!

I hope this helps a little and in the end trust yourself and your intuition - it generally knows the right decision 🙂

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending