The Student Room Group

Applying to study healthcare degree in the same year as withdrawing from PGCE

I started a PGCE in September but I withdrew at the beginning of October. I have decided I would like to start an MSc Occupational Therapy degree beginning January 2024. Which is 2 months away.

I am a little confused about whether I can apply to study this. I'm aware that healthcare degrees are funded but since I've withdrawn from studying the pgce recently, would I still be able to apply for student finance again for this January?

On my student finance account it currently says payments blocked due to withdrawing but it won't let me start a new application for this same year.

I'm aware that I will have been overpaid for the PGCE funding and will owe this back. But I'm sure it is taken from the new student finance application.

Please help and give me advice. Thanks
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Student_57s
I started a PGCE in September but I withdrew at the beginning of October. I have decided I would like to start an MSc Occupational Therapy degree beginning January 2024. Which is 2 months away.

I am a little confused about whether I can apply to study this. I'm aware that healthcare degrees are funded but since I've withdrawn from studying the pgce recently, would I still be able to apply for student finance again for this January?

On my student finance account it currently says payments blocked due to withdrawing but it won't let me start a new application for this same year.

I'm aware that I will have been overpaid for the PGCE funding and will owe this back. But I'm sure it is taken from the new student finance application.

Please help and give me advice. Thanks

Hi there,

Just to confirm, did you receive a Maintenance Loan payment for your PGCE?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to confirm, did you receive a Maintenance Loan payment for your PGCE?

Thanks, Graeme

I received my first out of 3 maintenance payment. I'm aware that there is an overpayment.
Original post by Student_57s
I received my first out of 3 maintenance payment. I'm aware that there is an overpayment.

Hi Student_57s,

Thanks for confirming. Yes, you can apply however, you will need to post a paper PN1 form as you are attending a course in the same academic year and the online account won't let you make another application so it will need to be manually processed.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1177416/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending