The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purpleheart24
Hello everyone :smile:! I’m a 22 year old mature student.

My application was just sent this week and I’ve already got an interview for one University which is Surrey.

I applied for Mental health nursing and child nursing dual course in the University of Southampton and Plymouth as i spoke to admissions and they were very helpful and patient with my questions.

As a single course I applied for University of Surrey, Portsmouth and UWE Bristol to study Mental Health Nursing.

I’m currently studying an Access to HE course aiming for 33 distinctions and 12 merits. I also have in addition AS equivalent qualifications that total up to 179 ucas points combined overall.

Outside of my studies, I have had jobs in retail, childcare and in the NHS.

Good luck to everyone!

Have you had any interviews yet? If so how did the go? x
Original post by Tonilou04
Have you had any interviews yet? If so how did the go? x

I’ve gotten interviews for all my choices but they’re all on the same day which is tomorrow!!

Preparing for them is crazy because I’ve only got one idea of what the questions will be based on which is for uwe bristol, the rest I’m completely blanked about.

Fingers crossed I pass at least one interview haha.
Reply 22
Hi there good luck to everyone! My daughter applied to do Mental Health Nursing Nottingham, Northampton and Derby and Dual Registered with Leadership Masters for both Adult Nursing with Mental Health and Child Nursing with Mental Health at Leicester. She had an offer for both courses after her interview at Leicester, also received offers from Nottingham and Northampton so withdrew from Derby. She's firmed Leicester for Child and Mental Health and secured Nottingham. Just need to work hard for the grades now for September 2024 start.
(edited 2 months ago)
I’ve gotten interviews for all my choices but they’re all on the same day which is tomorrow!!

Preparing for them is crazy because I’ve only got one idea of what the questions will be based on which is for uwe bristol, the rest I’m completely blanked about.

Fingers crossed I pass at least one interview haha.

How did they go? Have you had any offers yet x
Reply 24
Original post by MedMum71
Hi there good luck to everyone! My daughter (18l) applied to do Mental Health Nursing Nottingham, Northampton and Derby and Dual Registered with Leadership Masters for both Adult Nursing with Mental Health and Child Nursing with Mental Health at Leicester. She had an offer for both courses after her interview at Leicester, also received offers from Nottingham and Northampton so withdrew from Derby. She's firmed Leicester for Child and Mental Health and secured Nottingham. Just need to work hard for the grades now for September 2024 start.

Congratulations on your daughter’s offers. Hope she will be doing well with her studying to get the grades for the course entry requirement.
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Nursing course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
What nursing course?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Applied to City and KCL for Child Nursing. I will be 19 at the time of starting after taking a gap year. I have not been interviewed for these two yet, they are coming up in February. I would love to meet anyone else who may have applied for the same uni's. I'm very excited!!
Reply 26
Original post by emilyja.xo
Applied to City and KCL for Child Nursing. I will be 19 at the time of starting after taking a gap year. I have not been interviewed for these two yet, they are coming up in February. I would love to meet anyone else who may have applied for the same uni's. I'm very excited!!

Hi! I’m an 18 year old BTEC student.
I’ve also applied to City along with Middlesex, Kingston and LSBU for Children’s Nursing. I have received offers from MDX, Kingston and LSBU and will be attending a selection day in February at City.
Reply 27
Hello. I applied for Hull, and Sheffield Allam universities. I'm 33 and finishing my access course this May. I went to Hull University interview yesterday, so hopefully i have a place in Hull. My interview for Sheffield is the beginning of February fingers crossed i get accepted for either universities ! Looking at joining the Learning Disability nurse year 1 this September.

Good luck to each of you!!
Reply 28
Original post by poraus91
Hello. I applied for Hull, and Sheffield Allam universities. I'm 33 and finishing my access course this May. I went to Hull University interview yesterday, so hopefully i have a place in Hull. My interview for Sheffield is the beginning of February fingers crossed i get accepted for either universities ! Looking at joining the Learning Disability nurse year 1 this September.

Good luck to each of you!!

Congratulations
Original post by Tonilou04
How did they go? Have you had any offers yet x

I’ve heard back from 4/5 universities, I got an offer from uwe Bristol and Surrey but rejected from Southampton ☹️ just waiting back for one more uni and then I will decide on my firm and insurance!

How’s everything for you?
Reply 30
I am applying for Hull, York and Leeds for Children’s Nursing. I’ll be a mature student so just waiting for my reference to be signed off before sending my application. Didn’t mean to leave it last minute!!!

I’m in a bit of an awkward situation as I have a Biology degree but never really used it and graduated 8 years ago. Admissions have basically said I’d need to apply before they can advise me if it’s sufficient or not or if they’d need me to do an access course and reapply next year.

I’ve heard back from 4/5 universities, I got an offer from uwe Bristol and Surrey but rejected from Southampton ☹️ just waiting back for one more uni and then I will decide on my firm and insurance!

How’s everything for you?

I got offers for Sheffield Hallam and Lincoln so withdrew from the others as those were the 2 unis I wanted. Went with Sheffield Hallam as my firm
Reply 32
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Nursing course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
What nursing course?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

I'm 17, and I've heard back from all of my choices (for interviews at least). I've applied for child nursing at Herts, Coventry, Swansea and York, and History at Coventry (which i have an offer for). I've had the interview for Hertfordshire and I've got Coventry this week and Swansea next week. Quite scared but hopeful at the same time
Reply 33
Original post by MOG91
I haven't been offered an interview yet!
I've got distinctions in all my units so far except my biology ones which I have merits. So I have 21 credits at distinctions already, but merits in biology.
I will just sit tight and wait and keep my fingers crossed. I still have 6 more units to go anyway to keep me busy :smile:

To be honest, (from my experience and that of my twins; we've both applied for 2024 entry) it is all different. I was first offered an interview in December from choice no.2 (no.1 had given me an offer, although it's a history course), but I've only just been offered an interview from Swansea despite my application being sent off at the beginning of December. My sister has only been given three interviews and hasn't heard anything from the other two choices, other than 'we have received your application' emails. They may have a lot to go through, especially if they've given you a "we aim to respond by" message, but that may just mean that they have a lot of applicants (so therefore just show in your interview why you're the best). Even if you don't get an interview (which hopefully you will 🙂 ), you may still be able to ask them for feedback. Distinctions in all units is really good regardless so you should be proud of yourself.
Reply 34
Original post by HEXNGRUS
To be honest, (from my experience and that of my twins; we've both applied for 2024 entry) it is all different. I was first offered an interview in December from choice no.2 (no.1 had given me an offer, although it's a history course), but I've only just been offered an interview from Swansea despite my application being sent off at the beginning of December. My sister has only been given three interviews and hasn't heard anything from the other two choices, other than 'we have received your application' emails. They may have a lot to go through, especially if they've given you a "we aim to respond by" message, but that may just mean that they have a lot of applicants (so therefore just show in your interview why you're the best). Even if you don't get an interview (which hopefully you will 🙂 ), you may still be able to ask them for feedback. Distinctions in all units is really good regardless so you should be proud of yourself.

Awh thank you ! Actually I got an interview and did it on Friday so now I'm just waiting so see if I have a place or not 😀 I've only applied for one course at one Uni as it's not really possible for me to go elsewhere so fingers crossed !!
Original post by Zooba
Hi! I’m an 18 year old BTEC student.
I’ve also applied to City along with Middlesex, Kingston and LSBU for Children’s Nursing. I have received offers from MDX, Kingston and LSBU and will be attending a selection day in February at City.

Oh that's so great! I've booked the selection day for the 6th Feb, wbu?
Reply 36
Got my interview for Worcester in March. I am strangely confident but researching the 6 C's and NHS constitution. I was a health care worker for 7 years before my job in cyber security and believe in Person-centered planning anyway. From what my friend on the course said the interview consists of 4 questions.

Why do you want to be a nurse?
Who inspires you?
The importance of the 6 C's
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Good luck everyone!
Reply 37
Original post by NeoNurse
Got my interview for Worcester in March. I am strangely confident but researching the 6 C's and NHS constitution. I was a health care worker for 7 years before my job in cyber security and believe in Person-centered planning anyway. From what my friend on the course said the interview consists of 4 questions.

Why do you want to be a nurse?
Who inspires you?
The importance of the 6 C's
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Good luck everyone!

Are you applying for Worcester? I had my interview there in November. Yeah, they asked why i wanted to be a nurse, why adult nurse, tel me about yourself, what do you understand about 6C, 4P, example how you applied 6C from current or previous job. They give offer quite quick. I got offer straight after the interview. I’m starting next March.
Reply 38
Original post by emilyja.xo
Oh that's so great! I've booked the selection day for the 6th Feb, wbu?

no way… me too!
Reply 39
Original post by Daisy7189
Are you applying for Worcester? I had my interview there in November. Yeah, they asked why i wanted to be a nurse, why adult nurse, tel me about yourself, what do you understand about 6C, 4P, example how you applied 6C from current or previous job. They give offer quite quick. I got offer straight after the interview. I’m starting next March.

I am indeed, that is amazing news and thank you. My friend said they usually hint from the get go if they like you and I met the interviewer prior and he is lovely. Worcester is a great uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending