The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Nursing course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
What nursing course?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

I applied for children's nursing at Swansea and have an interview Thursday 🤞🤞
Reply 41
Original post by Cmh20
I applied for children's nursing at Swansea and have an interview Thursday 🤞🤞

Me too! (Mines next Thursday) how did it go/how do you think it went?
Reply 42
I had my adult nursing interview earlier today, cautiously optimistic, it was at the university of Hull, it felt very relaxed yet interesting.
Original post by Purpleheart24
I’ve heard back from 4/5 universities, I got an offer from uwe Bristol and Surrey but rejected from Southampton ☹️ just waiting back for one more uni and then I will decide on my firm and insurance!

How’s everything for you?

Hi @Purpleheart24

How was your interview at UWE Bristol and how long did they take to invite you to an interview after sending in your application?x
Reply 44
Original post by Tonilou04
I’ve applied and got interviews for Sheffield Hallam, Lincoln, Nottingham and derby uni for mental health nursing. My 1st interview is tomorrow and I have one on Thursday! 😬 I’m quite nervous about them, also a mature student (38) so have my qualifications already. I actually have Covid right now so I’m grateful the interviews are online!

Hi! I have an interview at Derby uni in a couple weeks, are you able to give any advice on what I can expect, please? 😊
Original post by CourtJames97
Hi! I have an interview at Derby uni in a couple weeks, are you able to give any advice on what I can expect, please? 😊

Hi, I didn’t actually do my interview in the end. I got offers from the uni I wanted so withdrew. Sorry x
Reply 46
Hi everyone!
I have applied for adult nursing and received offers from University of York (top choice), University of Leeds and University of Huddersfield. I am still waiting to hear back from University of Nottingham and I have withdrawn from York St John University.
Good luck everyone 😊
Reply 47
Original post by Evamae.
Hi everyone!
I have applied for adult nursing and received offers from University of York (top choice), University of Leeds and University of Huddersfield. I am still waiting to hear back from University of Nottingham and I have withdrawn from York St John University.
Good luck everyone 😊

Hi! Congrats on your offers 😊 I have an interview at Huddersfield in a couple of weeks, are you able to give any advice on the interview at all, please?
Reply 48
Original post by Evamae.
Hi everyone!
Good luck everyone 😊

Hi! Congrats on your offers 😊 I have an interview at Huddersfield in a couple of weeks, are you able to give any advice on the interview at all, please?

Hi ! Good luck, following the group rules I can’t go in depth on the questions but I would recommend (presuming its online) logging in early as my interviewer let me in 10 minutes before the time slot. Make sure you read and understand the scenario and there is a chance at the end for any questions.
Reply 49

I just did my interview for huddersfield today, it was 1 on 1 online and lasted around 25 minutes. They ask you numerous questions about the scenarios they give you beforehand and help you when needed to push you in the right direction into getting the correct answer! There isn't any trick questions and they genuinely want you to succeed with the interview, I'd look into the NMC code and other ethical guidelines to get a rough idea of them such as the data protection act :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by emmar74981

I just did my interview for huddersfield today, it was 1 on 1 online and lasted around 25 minutes. They ask you numerous questions about the scenarios they give you beforehand and help you when needed to push you in the right direction into getting the correct answer! There isn't any trick questions and they genuinely want you to succeed with the interview, I'd look into the NMC code and other ethical guidelines to get a rough idea of them such as the data protection act :smile:

That’s great, thank you for your response! Fingers crossed you get offered a place 😊
Reply 51
Original post by emmar74981

Hi! Just wondered if you’ve been offered a place yet for Huddersfield? 😊 if so, how long did it take for you to hear? X
Reply 52
Has anyone applied after the deadline ? Ive applied for child nursing at Sheffield Hallam
I applied for pre reg child nursing (MSc) at huddersfield. Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to respond/invite to interview?
Reply 54
Original post by PaintedPotter7
I applied for pre reg child nursing (MSc) at huddersfield. Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to respond/invite to interview?

Hi! I applied for BSc Mental Health Nursing at Huddersfield and was invited to an interview after about 3 days and then I received an offer 4 days after my interview. Hope this helps 😊
Original post by CJNurse
Hi! I applied for BSc Mental Health Nursing at Huddersfield and was invited to an interview after about 3 days and then I received an offer 4 days after my interview. Hope this helps 😊

Hi! Thank you for your help and congrats on your offer! I applied almost 2 weeks ago, and have since only been told the application is being considered and could take several weeks. I applied directly to the uni through their application though as opposed to UCAS so maybe that makes a difference?
Hi all,

I have applied for uwe,Winchester,Oxford Brooke’s,Plymouth and Bournemouth. So far,I have two interviews lined up and haven’t heard anything from the other 3!

Good luck to all those waiting for a response and attending interviews x
Reply 57
Original post by PaintedPotter7
Hi! Thank you for your help and congrats on your offer! I applied almost 2 weeks ago, and have since only been told the application is being considered and could take several weeks. I applied directly to the uni through their application though as opposed to UCAS so maybe that makes a difference?

Thank you! I applied through UCAS so that could make a difference, I would contact admissions and ask them for an update if you haven’t already 😊
Reply 58
I've got interviews for York Leeds and Hull - I'm so pleased. Has anyone else applied for children's nursing? I'm a bit worried about how competitive it is, I'm really excited to interview and have done lots of interviews before and have always done really well but this is a whole different thing!
Reply 59
Original post by Mabel93
I've got interviews for York Leeds and Hull - I'm so pleased. Has anyone else applied for children's nursing? I'm a bit worried about how competitive it is, I'm really excited to interview and have done lots of interviews before and have always done really well but this is a whole different thing!

Well done on getting your interviews!
I've applied for Children's Nursing in Nottingham and did my interview late January but haven't heard back yet. The waiting is the worst! Hope they go well for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending