The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyja.xo
Applied to City and KCL for Child Nursing. I will be 19 at the time of starting after taking a gap year. I have not been interviewed for these two yet, they are coming up in February. I would love to meet anyone else who may have applied for the same uni's. I'm very excited!!
im also applying for child nursing for city and KCL (and greenwich) but as a MSc course but havent heard back from KCL or greenwich for interviews! got the offer from city though !!
Has anyone got an offer for University of Birmingham?
Reply 62
Had my interview for Leeds and think it went well! I found it sort of informal in a way tbh and it was only half an hour on teams.

I feel so childrens nursing applicants who had interviews months ago- the wait must be killing you!!
Reply 63
I've had an offer for Nottingham! woohoo!
Hi, I’ve had offers from Cardiff and Swansea Uni for adult nursing
has anyone applied to child nursing in Glasgow Caledonian and still waiting on an interview? My portal has been sitting at decision pending but there’s no update as of yet and I’ve seen some people have been offered an interview last week.
Hi,has anyone heard from Plymouth uni?

Also,has anyone recently had an interview with UWE and told they would need to wait 6 weeks for an outcome on the interview?
i have applied for adult nursing at GCU ,but waiting for interview.
Firmly accepted an offer for BCU adult nursing starting in September. I’m 34 so mature student with the grades already required. Anyone else starting BCU in Sept?
Student Finance England is opening applications for full-time undergraduate courses for 2024 entry on Monday 11 March. Put a reminder in your calendar. :cyber:
Original post by normaw
Student Finance England is opening applications for full-time undergraduate courses for 2024 entry on Monday 11 March. Put a reminder in your calendar. :cyber:

Thank you! ☺️
I now have two offers!! ☺️
Original post by Daisy7189
I applied and had accept 3 unis: Worcester, UCB and BCU for adult nursing. I’m starting either January, February or March 2025 depends on what uni i choose. I’m a mature student, will be 36 by the time i’m starting my course. I’m doing Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery. I’m so excited to start my course.
Hi,daisy.
How are you finding the access course ? I'm planing to Start it as well.
Reply 73
Original post by normaw
Hi, I’ve gone onto the website to apply and there is no option yet, has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by CJNurse
Hi, I’ve gone onto the website to apply and there is no option yet, has this happened to anyone else?

I've seen a post this morning by one of the SFE reps on the Ask SFE forum saying that it 'expected' to open later today. :dontknow:
Reply 75
Original post by normaw
I've seen a post this morning by one of the SFE reps on the Ask SFE forum saying that it 'expected' to open later today. :dontknow:
No problem thank you 😊
Original post by CJNurse

Yes! There’s a yellow notification at the top that says it’s open but 24/25 is still greyed out. NHS learning support fund is open as well. You can start that but you need to have done your student finance to complete it x
Reply 77
Original post by Tonilou04
Yes! There’s a yellow notification at the top that says it’s open but 24/25 is still greyed out. NHS learning support fund is open as well. You can start that but you need to have done your student finance to complete it x
Ok, thank you! X
Original post by Mabel93
I've got interviews for York Leeds and Hull - I'm so pleased. Has anyone else applied for children's nursing? I'm a bit worried about how competitive it is, I'm really excited to interview and have done lots of interviews before and have always done really well but this is a whole different thing!
I have an offer for York! When’s your interview?
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Nursing course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:
What universities are you thinking of?
What nursing course?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars
Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.
@CamembertPaws FYI
I have applied for children’s nursing at York, Cumbria (Carlisle campus), Teesside, Northumbria and Sunderland.
I have offers for York, Cumbria and Teesside.
I am probably going to firm York and chose Cumbria as my insurance, I’m also studying on the access to HE course and will be 21 when I start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending