The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Student finance is open!!!
Reply 81
Original post by hermionerose
im also applying for child nursing for city and KCL (and greenwich) but as a MSc course but havent heard back from KCL or greenwich for interviews! got the offer from city though !!
Hey!! I’ve just had an offer from city for the Msc- how are you feeling about the RPL? I also applied to KCL, Greenwich, UWL and LSBU but haven’t heard back yet x
Reply 82
Original post by meganr27
I have an offer for York! When’s your interview?
I had my interview last week and got my offer yesterday ☺️
Reply 83
I have applied for children’s nursing at York, Cumbria (Carlisle campus), Teesside, Northumbria and Sunderland.
I have offers for York, Cumbria and Teesside.
I am probably going to firm York and chose Cumbria as my insurance, I’m also studying on the access to HE course and will be 21 when I start.
I also ended up applying to Teesside and had my interview there yesterday, was really good. I did apply to Sunderland but then read elsewhere that the children’s nursing course is being discontinued - not sure why they still have it on ucas!! I swapped it to Northumbria in the end.

Congrats on your offers!!
Got an offer from Gloucester, conditional from Worcester, and awaiting my interview results from the University of Birmingham. I would take UoB though as the facilities are amazing and the placements are all around in one place which is very convenient for the train commute. The Worcester campus is honestly pretty depressing and the staff are just pretty low energy, my expectations were too high.
Original post by Mabel93
I had my interview last week and got my offer yesterday ☺️
Oh wow that was quick! I was gutted about Sunderland. They were my first choice. Have you decided on where you want to go if you get offers from everywhere? I’ve firmed York now.
I keep hearing about Sunderland are they that good?
Original post by NeoNurse
I keep hearing about Sunderland are they that good?
I’ve heard nothing bad about them and their facilities are amazing! However, they gave everyone interviews and the day after the UCAS deadline they emailed everyone to say they weren’t doing the next children’s nursing cohort. Quite frustrating really.
Reply 88
I’ve heard nothing bad about them and their facilities are amazing! However, they gave everyone interviews and the day after the UCAS deadline they emailed everyone to say they weren’t doing the next children’s nursing cohort. Quite frustrating really.
Yeah I was a bit gutted as it sounded like a very good course and was an easy commute from Teesside (were considering moving there to be closer to family and to have some help with childcare for my little one). Northumbria I’ve heard mixed things about tbh but have alllied there anyway!
Anyone had an interview for RGU mental health nursing? Got it tomorrow!
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Nursing course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:
What universities are you thinking of?
What nursing course?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars
Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.
@CamembertPaws FYI
Accepted on Hull uni Child Nursing!! sept 2024 unconditional offer
Reply 91
Please has anyone had interview at UWS,I have interview soon and since my offer didn’t state that i have numeracy test am confuse if am going to do numeracy at the interview even if not stated on my conditional offer ,can anyone help me with this ?
Original post by Christinaaa
I've applied and accepted a place at Surrey University for mental health nursing starting September 2024! I'm a mature student (30) so already had the grades needed to firm my offer.
Would love to meet other students prior to starting 🙂

Which Uni are you attending?
I hold offers to study mental health nursing in September. I currently have an extensive law/human rights background with an LLM and I am pursuing a change of career. Please can anyone inform me of what the course structure looks like for LSBU? Is theory taught first? Then placement? Or are they done together? What do the days at university look like? Is it a full week 9-5pm, 10-3pm etc?Are there any study days/weeks? What does placement look like? Which hospital trusts?What is the timetabling like? How many hours of placementis required upon completion of first year? Any information would be much appreciated.Thank you.
Original post by Dils92
I hold offers to study mental health nursing in September. I currently have an extensive law/human rights background with an LLM and I am pursuing a change of career. Please can anyone inform me of what the course structure looks like for LSBU? Is theory taught first? Then placement? Or are they done together? What do the days at university look like? Is it a full week 9-5pm, 10-3pm etc?Are there any study days/weeks? What does placement look like? Which hospital trusts?What is the timetabling like? How many hours of placementis required upon completion of first year? Any information would be much appreciated.Thank you.

I think you could probably find a lot of that information out on the uni website. I’m going to Sheffield Hallam and found a timetable online that has all the uni weeks/placement holidays for the next 3 years. Other than that go to a open day and you’ll be able to find all that info out x
Original post by Dils92

Hey I’m a first year adult nursing student at LSBU. Currently I have three lectures/classes per week one per day, with online and blended learning around them (self study).

My placements are 5 weeks in January and 5 weeks in May. At 37.5 per week.

You study four modules in year one, Biosciences, communication, assessing needs and planning care, and evidence based research.

The timetable may vary. It’s a full time course and your expected to be available.

I highly recommend the course - nursing is a course that makes you grow in all aspects of your life.
Original post by Davenursing
Hey I’m a first year adult nursing student at LSBU. Currently I have three lectures/classes per week one per day, with online and blended learning around them (self study).
My placements are 5 weeks in January and 5 weeks in May. At 37.5 per week.
You study four modules in year one, Biosciences, communication, assessing needs and planning care, and evidence based research.
The timetable may vary. It’s a full time course and your expected to be available.
I highly recommend the course - nursing is a course that makes you grow in all aspects of your life.

Thank you for your reply. How are you finding your first year?

My interpretation of your post is that I will attend university 3 days per week? Have one lecture per day? And then a mixture of blended and online learning throughout the day? Is this correct?

Also if you are aware how are the university in terms of accommodating students with additional needs?

Thank you again for taking the time to respond @Davenursing
Original post by Tonilou04
I think you could probably find a lot of that information out on the uni website. I’m going to Sheffield Hallam and found a timetable online that has all the uni weeks/placement holidays for the next 3 years. Other than that go to a open day and you’ll be able to find all that info out x

Thank you for replying @Tonilou04 unfortunately there isn’t much online for this particular university aside from the course guide, which was somewhat helpful, but doesn’t outline timetabling or placement information.
Reply 98
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Nursing course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:
What universities are you thinking of?
What nursing course?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars
Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.
@CamembertPaws FYI

Greenwich university select me fir interview
Reply 99
Original post by Abidelk
Greenwich university select me fir interview

My name is Abidemi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending